Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans

Old 12-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #151
JaMan51

Is there supposed to be a folder in the download? I'm only getting a .rar file. I've downloaded the save game, tried putting it where possible under C:/Users/Owner/.revenge_of_the_titans but it has never come up. The game doesn't appear to use .rar as none of my saves use that, all have .dat but changing the file name didn't work either. Is there some sort of video explaining the exact process from downloading the file to getting the save working? Some of us aren't getting any of this and I've tried everything.
JaMan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #152
PieceOfMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMan51 View Post
Is there supposed to be a folder in the download? I'm only getting a .rar file. I've downloaded the save game, tried putting it where possible under C:/Users/Owner/.revenge_of_the_titans but it has never come up. The game doesn't appear to use .rar as none of my saves use that, all have .dat but changing the file name didn't work either. Is there some sort of video explaining the exact process from downloading the file to getting the save working? Some of us aren't getting any of this and I've tried everything.
You have to extract the .rar file. In there is the folder.

Programs that will extract a rar file for you include 7zip (I recommend) and winrar.
PieceOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #153
JaMan51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceOfMind View Post
You have to extract the .rar file. In there is the folder.

Programs that will extract a rar file for you include 7zip (I recommend) and winrar.
Thanks, finally got it to work. Kept doing the same thing a few times, putting down the right file even after the extraction but all of a sudden it loaded and I got a coal. Maybe not worth it but whatever. Have owned this game since the Humble Bundle it was in, barely played (have they added achievements since? I never had any nor any save progress but was a ways in) but could never have done this on my own.
JaMan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #154
steven2848

Is using this save file considered cheating, like using that one achievement unlocking program which I will not name? I've seen someone get their Steam account disabled for using that program to unlock today's stupid SMB achievement.
steven2848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #155
Cdr.Keen

works fine, thanks pro =)
Cdr.Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #156
Aray39

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2848 View Post
Is using this save file considered cheating, like using that one achievement unlocking program which I will not name? I've seen someone get their Steam account disabled for using that program to unlock today's stupid SMB achievement.
I can't believe that, but it should be. It's as bad as going out and shoplifting something small.
Aray39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #157
xD34THx

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2848 View Post
I'm sure he got banned for something else and is just using this as an excuse.
xD34THx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #158
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD34THx View Post
I'm sure he got banned for something else and is just using this as an excuse.
No-one will get banned for cheating to get a bit of coal. But you are missing out on a fun challenge. Try it properly afterwards

Cas
princec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #159
occono

This doesn't work for me. I've definitely extracted it to the right place, and the profile name says Bilbo, but it doesn't ask to reload a save file when I start up the minigame.

Edit: Got it to work.

Last edited by occono: 12-31-2011 at 06:03 PM.
occono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans