Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Overlord series

Old 06-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Hardwatch

Overlord 1:Raising Hell bug/glitch (Spoilers)

So im at that part where melvin keeps eating and blowing up. I got past the first couple walls but now im stuck on one of them.

Its the one where you have to get the pieces to the wheel to open the gate and theres a food cart you have to push.

I put my minions on the cart but nothing happens, I can even walk through cart and melvin doesn't hurt me.

is this a glitch or bug and can it be fixed somehow?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
wasteomind

Nope the cart has nothing to do with it. You need to send your minions in, or yourself, and lure Melvin to the 4 rock walls on the other side of the cart. Behind each one is a pole for the wheel.

Hard part is you need to get all 4 rocks open The minions for some reason won't leave the spots with the poles unless you have all four open, and minions holding them. If you fail to get all 4 before he stops rolling, you have to start over.

I don't know why the cart is there. A trick or distraction most likely.
wasteomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Rabid Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteomind View Post
Nope the cart has nothing to do with it. You need to send your minions in, or yourself, and lure Melvin to the 4 rock walls on the other side of the cart. Behind each one is a pole for the wheel.

Hard part is you need to get all 4 rocks open The minions for some reason won't leave the spots with the poles unless you have all four open, and minions holding them. If you fail to get all 4 before he stops rolling, you have to start over.

I don't know why the cart is there. A trick or distraction most likely.
What are you on about exactly?

The cart is pushed/pulled by 3 minions. You use the cart as a bumper. It's just like playing pong. The cart has a straight middle piece on the side and two angled. (middle piece sends him straight while the angles send him, well at an angle) You just have to use the minions/cart to ping pong Melvin back and forth so he breaks all 4 walls before he stops rolling. Which he will, if you take too long between bumps or he touches the wall near you. When all 4 walls are broken, he dissapears and THEN you go get the poles.

Sending minions in to get the poles during.. is just... and the cart has no purpose? what, I don't even.

Last edited by Rabid Dog: 06-30-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Rabid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
wasteomind

That is nice and all, but I can tell you in my playthrough, the cart would not move at all, and as a result I just used minions sweeping them back and forth in front of the rock walls and Melvin broke them open without issue.

I never touched the cart once I realized it wasn't needed.

So your response? What? I don't even...
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
BattlexBadalex

So I was really confused at this part as well. You have to move the cart yourself by targeting the cart with shift and keeping it held down, while you use the mouse to move the cart side to side. It's the same mechanic that allows you to manually maneuver minions carrying loot, Objects, bombs, etc. Hope this helps.

You might also need to hold down both mouse buttons like your sweeping minions, can't remember though.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
Rabid Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteomind View Post
That is nice and all, but I can tell you in my playthrough, the cart would not move at all, and as a result I just used minions sweeping them back and forth in front of the rock walls and Melvin broke them open without issue.

I never touched the cart once I realized it wasn't needed.

So your response? What? I don't even...
Then you did it wrong, battlex has the correct idea. Congrats, you couldnt figure out a basic game manuever! You win the video darwin award! huzzah!
Rabid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
wasteomind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Dog View Post
Then you did it wrong, battlex has the correct idea. Congrats, you couldnt figure out a basic game manuever! You win the video darwin award! huzzah!
Considering I "did it wrong" and still succeeded in completing the objective without issue I'm going to say who cares? It was far easier to just sweep the minions.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
Whispatchet

It's not that surprising that this was missed. I only just got the expansion lately as well, and the hold and drag to move mechanic is new with the expansion. You don't do that in the un-expanded version. There was no tutorial part when it came to that mechanic so far as I encountered either; I had to check a guide.

Also, as far as luring Melvin with Minions, when I was playing, he ignored us entirely, in favour of the food cart. **shrug**

But hey, whatever works, right?
Whispatchet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Overlord series