Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aaaaa! for the Awesome

Old 01-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #31
Sobol14

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@F View Post
Stupid achievement.
I give up so damn hard.

Its meant to be fun getting achievements,this is not fun for me.
I assume you bought this game to get the achievement?
That's precisely the problem, DON'T just buy the game only for achievement if the game itself doesn't interest you.
Some Christmas achievements are harder than just "start the game and you win" and if you don't like the game itself then don't bother, you'll just be annoyed.
Sobol14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #32
T@F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobol14 View Post
I assume you bought this game to get the achievement?
That's precisely the problem, DON'T just buy the game only for achievement if the game itself doesn't interest you.
Some Christmas achievements are harder than just "start the game and you win" and if you don't like the game itself then don't bother, you'll just be annoyed.
No I like the game.
I bought it because it was cheap the achievement was a bonus tbh.
But i do feel ashamed my little lad did them all today with hardly no trouble.

Sure put me to shame tbh.

Last edited by T@F: 01-01-2012 at 11:49 AM.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #33
nachosamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@F View Post
Stupid achievement.
I give up so damn hard.

Its meant to be fun getting achievements,this is not fun for me.
The idea of these holiday achievements, for a lot of us, is that we have an extra reason to try out new games we wouldn't otherwise. The "achievements", (objectives really), are mostly reasonably doable by people picking up the game for the first time.

I love this game, my first time playing it, but I'm really cross with the devs for making this achievement so unreasonably difficult for first time players. I'm at four stars on four of the six levels, but I doubt I'll be able to get all of them before the event ends.
nachosamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #34
arfWignack

I really think this achievement was the wrong promotion for this game. I always wanted this game, and the achievement pushed me over to buying it.

Because of the time pressure to get the achievement, I can't play the game through like I normally would, which would have been great if the achievement were sensible.

But, it's an actual Achievement. Pro level at the game to achieve. This seriously jarateed me off, and left me with a bitter attitude toward the game. A game I was previously favorably disposed to.

I think turning good will into bad will is not what they intended, but it was the reality in my case.
arfWignack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aaaaa! for the Awesome