Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atom Zombie Smasher

Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 AM   #61
Smertnik

You were "forced" to play this game, eh?

Anyhow, the achievement is easy. You don't even have to know anything about the game's mechanics, you just fly around and kill zombies. Can't get much simpler.
And you can always slow down the game if it gets too hairy.

Last edited by Smertnik: 12-26-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Smertnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #62
X01

Banned
hmmmm too hard for me. I guess I'm just playing wrong or something.

(edit) ah yes I see what I was doing wrong, I was holding down the fire button rather than tapping it. Makes it much easier.

Got it after 4th try.

Last edited by X01: 12-26-2011 at 05:49 AM.
X01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #63
Nova Prospekt

I get upto wave 4 and fail.Can i save it at wave 4 and replay it from there again and again rather than having to start from 1?
Nova Prospekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #64
Brokenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenite View Post
You would be utterly terrible at marketing.

Steam WANTS people to buy games just for the achievements, the prizes are the carrot on the stick to buy poor selling games.
How on earth does my post show I'd be terrible at marketing?
I'm well aware that Steam wants people to buy the games just for the achievement, and you'd have to be fairly slow to think otherwise.
I said, that doing so (if you don't like/want the game itself) isn't a good idea financially. And it isn't.
Brokenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #65
abort_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenie View Post
How on earth does my post show I'd be terrible at marketing?
I'm well aware that Steam wants people to buy the games just for the achievement, and you'd have to be fairly slow to think otherwise.
I said, that doing so (if you don't like/want the game itself) isn't a good idea financially. And it isn't.
i think the poster was saying if you were good at marketing youd understand the idea is to make people FEEL forced to buy the game. someone correct me if im wrong. no one really meant people were literally forced to buy the game. they used "forced" in a figurative manner. by focusing on this, you are arguing semantics and avoiding the real issue of this topic. way to miss the point.
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #66
rmartinezdl

lmao, this game is great, and if you are "forced" to play games "you and only you" think are not polished, then mly friend, im really sorry but you suck at life.
rmartinezdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #67
Eon the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Prospekt View Post
Still can't get this.And here i thought there could not possibly be an achivement as horrible as the one in yet it moves.I stand corrected.
The one in AYIM is quite easy. The 8th guide of Chapter... 2 i think it was...anyway, that one? Just flip, stand on it, flip, bam; the fall 20 meters and if you're lucky, slide 25 meters achievement in one go.
Eon the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #68
abort_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartinezdl View Post
lmao, this game is great, and if you are "forced" to play games "you and only you" think are not polished, then mly friend, im really sorry but you suck at life.
again. im pretty sure OP was using the term figuratively. to continue to beat a dead horse just makes you look foolish IMHO.

also the game IS unpolished. the interface and controls are both clunky and unintuitive. also many people are having all kinds of glitches. i for one couldnt pick up bombs even flying over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon the Wolf View Post
The one in AYIM is quite easy. The 8th guide of Chapter... 2 i think it was...anyway, that one? Just flip, stand on it, flip, bam; the fall 20 meters and if you're lucky, slide 25 meters achievement in one go.
AYIM was very easy. the only hard one ive seen was Toki Toris pre-patch. i managed to get that one. i didnt ever get this one
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #69
kllr101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon the Wolf View Post
My problems are thus;
BSOD. There is no excuse, ever, for a game company not fixing a problem in their programming that causes ram/memory to crash a system. Period. If other companies can afford it, then so should they. If they cannot, it speaks volumes about their skill or lack thereof. I am severely disappointed because I thoroughly enjoyed the game a month or two ago before the crashes started. Damn shame they're so insistent that it can't be fixed; Obviously, their game is just so well done that nothing can be done to fix it! This isn't a driver incompatibility, this isn't a hardware incompatibility; this is their programming, causing the system to bork up/overload/loop it's memory...and CRASH. That is Shoddy....no, that is ****TY programming, and the fact that they believe it can't be fixed shows how little they know about bug fixing. Why haven't any other indie devs run into 'unfixable bugs' or BSOD issues?
Firstly, crashes and BSOD's can be caused via a very convoluted route or a form of chaos theory going on, which, on in house machines are very difficult to trace and detect, and only show up in wider testing as here. So don't be too harsh on them.

Secondly, I've never had any issues with the game, and so it's possible that they may never be able to re-produce it on their own systems, as it might be something specific to some hardware or software on yours and other peoples' system.

Thirdly, I have a feeling that Blendo know more aboug bug-fixing their games than you do, but that said, no programmer is ever perfect at bug-fixing and there wont ever be a day that a programmer will create a non-buggy application.

and lastly, the only indie game with such problems? Seriously? I can't name a single indie title that hasn't had issues like this in its lifetime, on a specific/non-specific machine or circumstance. Not one. Then again, most people wont realize that games have issues like these as they never get them themselves, but once they hit you, suddenly you become all happy to criticize that dev, but not others, even if the same problem exists in other games. But remember, just because you have 2 legs doesn't mean there aren't amputees out there. (Just because you do not encounter problems doesn't mean that there's nobody who does)

That all said and done, you have issues playing the game, that's great to know, but the best thing to do would be to go to their official forums and give a more detailed explanation of your system, what happens and then see about getting them debug and crash logs and dumps from where it crashes. A badly drawn ASCII bug-report and some swearing doesn't really help developers to buf-fix, as comical as they may be to read.

( I want to point out that you did go to their official forums, which is better than what most people do ... )

My final opinion on this would be that I'd rather see indie devs taking the jump and making new games that are buggy, than to never see them attempt them.

/rant over
kllr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #70
Eon the Wolf

I realize all of what you said.
What I meant was....Find me a report of Minecraft's downloaded exe, or Plain Sight, or Dredmor, or Isaac, or ANY other well received/well sold indie title within the last year that caused people to have BSODs.

It's not that difficult to trade; he has admitted it's related to ATI. Mostly the people who get it are ATI users. Thus, he should fix something in his coding to make it play nicer with ATI. There's no reason his programming crashes ATI users and other games, indie or otherwise, do not (Well Skyrim did, but they've FIXED their crashes for the most part)

They could easily re-produce it. Practically all of us suffering crashes are newer ATI card users, usually on Win7. There. Bam.

I would hope they know about bug fixing...However, if you want, I can refer a few friends of mine who know quite a bit about coding. One (It's not a game, but it IS still coding and he would still know a bit about general coding for games) manages an entire website all by himself for the furry fandom. The other currently works for the government, programming things. I can bring either of those 2 in if you want. They'll probably back me up; there's no reason this BSOD problem should still exist a month after it's been reported, much less 2+ months.

I did go to their forums (as you noted). I did post. I posted under 'Eon'. I've tried every fix Brandon listed. Guess what? Now the game won't even boot. No BSOD, No crashes, nothing. But steam and the exe think I'm in game. Here's another shocker; this only happened after I deleted that ATI file he put in. All the other fixes still lead/led to BSOD. So...there ya go; the source of the problem has possibly been narrowed down.

The other big thing? He knows/admits it is, for the most part, ATI related. Yet no fix?

I love indie games. I enjoyed this game...I just don't understand why it played fine during it's bundle release, then 2 months or so later 'OOP SORRY GUYS I CANT FIX IT ITS CAUSE OF AN ATI DRIVER. IGNORE EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE THAT DOESNT HAVE PROBLEMS, I SWEAR ITS UNFIXABLE!'

That just points out that something between it's humble bundle release and now has caused it to bork out. Either a game patch, or an ATI driver update. Both help narrow down the possible suspects, which mean he should be able to update code/find the problem code/file he may have put in in an update...I don't think we've seen any of that yet.
Eon the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #71
kllr101

Sometimes things just are unfixable due to the way the game engine is coded, that's still no excuse to just 'stop' trying to make a workaround, yes, you're right there.

If it's something that has popped up recently, then as I said before, they might not have been able to find it on their own machines or found it during their internal bug-testing. I have a friend who plays ATZ on Windows7 and has ATI card, and he runs it fine, so it's obviously not just a blanket ATI problem, but more specific.

I'd hate to be the one to have to do the math as to how many ATI and Windows configurations there are, let alone all the other combo's and issues that can arise when you introduce the drivers for those pieces of hardware, and seriously, it could be anything. Just having a source narrowed down to a dll file doesn't mean a lot, as these libraries are often extensive and encompass many other libraries and areas themselves, so the problem may be wider than you first assume.

Then again, there's nothing stopping you, yourself, checking if it's a driver or hardware issue either. The devs themselves aren't sat doing nothing, either, as you are aware, Brendon on the Blendo forums is very active in trying to solve these problems.

He's also actively trying to "diagnose" what is the problem with your issue there, too. So I'd check back and reply to him to help him figure out what is going on.
kllr101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atom Zombie Smasher