Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns

Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
RealMindfreak

Bug in chapter 2, can't go on.

I'm in chapter 2, shortly before I arrive at the Dreary Lane Theatre. It's where one of these invisible bomb-throwing monsters appear and a button to stand on is near by.
I didn't know what to do, because it was a dead end for me, so I looked for a walkthrough on youtube and found out that one of these things you have to shoot with the pepper grinder should appear, but it doesn't, in fact nothing happens at all, when I stand on the button or use a clock bomb, so I can't go on.

I already got confused when I shot a flying pig snout before and nothing happened. It was behind a house and according to the walkthrough a plattform should have appeared with a bottle, but it didn't.

I already tried: Dying, Restart, Go back to main menu and start again, Restart the whole game, but it's always the same.

Any idea what I can do? Chapter select only allows me to replay chapter 1 and I really don't want to start all over again.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPqDAVROaLo
It's the walkthrough I looked at. My snout problem is at about 13:35, and the other one at 15:35.

Last edited by RealMindfreak: 01-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Naujdivad

Have you tried verifying the game cache files?

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

I hope that helps .
Naujdivad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
nonplus++

Banned
As above, I got the game in the sale and have nearly finished it just got the finale.

Didn't encounter any problems with the game at all, I also watched this walkthrough after doing each level just to see how he did it.
nonplus++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
RealMindfreak

Ok, I validated everything, still not working, so I made a backup of my savegame, deleted the game and downloaded the whole thing again.

The result: Same problem.

I guess I really have to start again from the beginning and hope that the bug doesn't occur again. (But I'll do that later, for now I have enough of Alice.)
RealMindfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Caiobrz

It really looked like a borked save game to me. You don't need to restart the game from scratch, if you completed chapter 1, you should be able to restart from the least part of chapter 1 (or early chapter 2, don't know where the checkpoints are)

Most game-breaking bugs in Alice (which I never bumped into one in my 52h+ of gameplay) is savegame related. I would go out of the limb and say it could be one of these things that could corrupt a savegame depending on how it's saved:

1. fragmented drive
2. anti-virus
3. background downloading
Caiobrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns