Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Silent Hill: Homecoming

Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Jackrabbit6179

Keyboard Control Help

I recently purchased this game, despite all of the negativisms....

I have a question for anyone using keyboard controls:

In the initial map of the game, you are presented with options for placing the x-ray half on the light box.

Any button I press simply exits me back to my character.

What buttons do I press to get this to function properly?
Someone suggested that I press "Use" and "Inventory", but when used independently or together this combination doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Dead-Boy

sorry had no problem with that part... ignoring the fact that I had no sounds... try looking in your inventory and try to select that item in your inventory screen and use it like a item/equipment.

I think once you do that ,you will use it, and it will play an animation in game.
Dead-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
malach1as

I have the exact same problem. I pick up the xray film, go back to where the first xray is, but can't place the xray film next to it: both options it show (examine, inventory)have the same picture next to them, and no matter what I press, he always examines it.

I hit the inventory button (Q) and it brings up the inventory screen - there's the 1 health drink i picked up, and a greyed out 0 First Aid Kits, but no mention of the film at all. There's a weird red curve thing over on the left which looks like it might be supposed to house additional things, but there is nothing there. I for certain picked the xray film up, and it is no longer at the place where I got it from.

Hitting (E) shows a similar screen, only it shows the flashlight and radio over on the right, and a message saying i have no weapons.

I note that pulling up the inventory screen doesn't give me a message saying I have no items... so maybe it's there, but just invisible?

This is really annoying.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
azraal

The x-ray is very hard to see in the inventory
There is an inner circle in the the item should be in the upper part
azraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Conjal

Thanks azraal, I can belive I did not see that!
Conjal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Silent Hill: Homecoming