Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cargo – The Quest for Gravity

Old 01-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
fussel

Suggestion Thread

GUI:
* Beginning with 10 buds on a chain, the list becomes hard to see. Replace the cut out with a number then.
* Missing Speed-o-meter
* Missing number of parts, could swear I was applicable for master of transformers already (over 300 parts total in inventory, used them all...)
Old 01-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
provitiligo

Actually, all achievements, which have certain numbers missing progress bar. for example, you never know how much buddies you've already kicked.

Also descriptions of achievements are pretty confusing. For example, what's the difference between "Master of FUN" and "Master of Gravity"? Both say "Finish the game". Same goes to "Play with Winter" and "Hit the Winter" - both say "Start volcano".
provitiligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
zakirov78

Ice-pick Lodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussel View Post
GUI:
* Beginning with 10 buds on a chain, the list becomes hard to see. Replace the cut out with a number then.
* Missing Speed-o-meter
* Missing number of parts, could swear I was applicable for master of transformers already (over 300 parts total in inventory, used them all...)
I will add these suggestions into TODO list and will check the achievement (seems that it works though as 2,5% of players were able to receive it somehow).
zakirov78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
zakirov78

Ice-pick Lodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by provitiligo View Post
Actually, all achievements, which have certain numbers missing progress bar. for example, you never know how much buddies you've already kicked.

Also descriptions of achievements are pretty confusing. For example, what's the difference between "Master of FUN" and "Master of Gravity"? Both say "Finish the game". Same goes to "Play with Winter" and "Hit the Winter" - both say "Start volcano".
I agree that it is impossible to see how many buddies have been already kicked. But I believe this information will overload the UI. I will think about adding this info into stats shown between levels.

The difference between "Master of FUN" and "Master of Gravity" is intentionally not explained. For player to get correct final depending on his game play style.
zakirov78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
provitiligo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirov78 View Post
The difference between "Master of FUN" and "Master of Gravity" is intentionally not explained. For player to get correct final depending on his game play style.
And what it I'm a completeionist? How can I figure this out? By playing game gazillion times? Very funny.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
fussel

Quote:
But I believe this information will overload the UI
That, we don't need on screen permanently. Steam allows to track stats of achievements visible or invisible, currently it's invisible.
I have no experience with dev side steamworks achievement settings, but change the kicker achievements to visible track the numbers of budkicks.

But current speed should somehow be displayed on the main game screen when riding a vehicle, the number of parts on the current vehicle should be displayed during construction in the build screen.
fussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
provitiligo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fussel View Post
That, we don't need on screen permanently. Steam allows to track stats of achievements visible or invisible, currently it's invisible.
I have no experience with dev side steamworks achievement settings, but change the kicker achievements to visible track the numbers of budkicks.
This is EXACTLY what I was talking as well. Not UI, but achies list, which allows you to track progress.

I'd also want to suggest one small idea for achievements: play 5, 10, 25 and 50 tunes. Kinda obvious and fun to get.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cargo – The Quest for Gravity