Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jurassic Park: The Game

Old 11-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
mischa1981

Sound issues

Greetings,

I bought the game a few days ago and now I started playing it. I'm not complaining about the gameplay, I love Heavy Rain and just wanted to see how Jurassic Park is like.

But I do have sound issues. I first tried the german version. In the first chapter when the man and the kid are looking down and the kid has binoculars to look for dinosaurs, I can zoom in and then she says something.

The moment the camera zooms out, the same sentence is said again! So I had the problem that in a few times the character repeated their exact lines like before.

So I thought this may be a bug in the german version, so I switched to english. The lines don't repeat, but I also have a sound issue. Meaning sometimes it sounds like just the characters are talking very loud and the sound crackles.

Anybody with the same issues?

My system:
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Intel Core i5 2500k (not overclocked)
GTX570 Phantom (not overclocked)
12GB RAM DDR3-1333
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Logitech G35 Gaming Headset
Old 01-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
CenturyChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa1981 View Post
Greetings,

I bought the game a few days ago and now I started playing it. I'm not complaining about the gameplay, I love Heavy Rain and just wanted to see how Jurassic Park is like.

But I do have sound issues. I first tried the german version. In the first chapter when the man and the kid are looking down and the kid has binoculars to look for dinosaurs, I can zoom in and then she says something.

The moment the camera zooms out, the same sentence is said again! So I had the problem that in a few times the character repeated their exact lines like before.

So I thought this may be a bug in the german version, so I switched to english. The lines don't repeat, but I also have a sound issue. Meaning sometimes it sounds like just the characters are talking very loud and the sound crackles.

Anybody with the same issues?

My system:
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Intel Core i5 2500k (not overclocked)
GTX570 Phantom (not overclocked)
12GB RAM DDR3-1333
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Logitech G35 Gaming Headset
Just started playing this, and noticed the exact same thing.
Some dialog gets repeated twice. No idea why, and still looking for a solution.
Its a bit annoying though
CenturyChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
Focal_C

Strange, seems like a bug.. but.. I have recently finished the game and had none of the symptoms you described.

I take you your both using your onboard sound. Im using a separate sound card, maybe that's 1 solution...
Focal_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
CenturyChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal_C View Post
Strange, seems like a bug.. but.. I have recently finished the game and had none of the symptoms you described.

I take you your both using your onboard sound. Im using a separate sound card, maybe that's 1 solution...
No, my onboard is disable and using a dedicated card. Titanium HD.

I actually just finished the game, and the audio loop thing only happened at the beginning when looking through the binoculars at the first Dino.

After that, the rest of the game was OK.

So maybe it was just a bug if you do something in a particular way right there?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
gamingafter40

I just started a second playthrough and saw/heard the same audio repetition I did on my first time through. It only occurred during the Chapter 1 binoculars section, and I never saw the same issue in any other chapters during my first round. It's a bug, methinks, but it doesn't break the gameplay, just the immersion -- and at a really unfortunate time to do that!
gamingafter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
CenturyChild

Yea it is Bug right when you're being introduced to the game LOL.

Be nice to see it fixed, but as you mentioned gamingafter40,

It doesn't appear to happen anymore after that scene, and isn't game breaking.
Mildly annoying though.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
mischa1981

And I guess because it isn't game breaking, TellTate isn't interested in patching.
mischa1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jurassic Park: The Game