Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
RustySpork

Worth it if I loved DS3?

Hey guys, I see lots of (valid) complaints about severe consolization. However, I have a X360 controller, and don't mind using it on PC, and I absolutely LOVED Dungeon Siege 3. What I'm concerned about is the bugginess that I heard about at the game's launch. Has that been fixed? Is this game worth it if I don't care that it's a console port?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Metro

It's not just consolization -- this game is flat out terrible. Bugs, poor design, the developer went bankrupt, etc.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
RustySpork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
It's not just consolization -- this game is flat out terrible. Bugs, poor design, the developer went bankrupt, etc.
That's too bad thanks, though!
RustySpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Rumtruffle

nothing wrong with the game being on consoles.

except that this game just doesnt work properly anyway.
developers lied about submitting patches.
developer really doesnt exist anymore anyway.
pc version has major bugs that include rendering your character in purple.
console version has bugs that cause skill points to disappear completely.

avoid totally. dont give atari any money for releasing this rubbish and then not fixing it.
Rumtruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
guthan333911

No ofc theres nothing wrong with a game being on Console. The problem is, with most PC games that have a console counterpart, is that they're poorly ported over from the consoles. Gaming companies have no idea why piracy is so dominant on PC, and its because of their ty PC games that they poorly ported over from consoles.

This games problems arn't only that it was a crap port, it has tons of bugs and issues that will never get fixed, and imo its kind of boring. This is just my opinion though, you will NEVER know if you like a game or not unless you try it first.
guthan333911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
DJ Cryotek

If you loved Dungeon Siege 3, you are beyond help. I couldn't even finish the demo for that pile of crap. It was like Diablo dumbed down so hard it gave me psychological pain just to play it.
DJ Cryotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #7
dr_zampolit

Yea, its probably not wise to admit you liked DS3 in public. That was horrible...
dr_zampolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
Nasonxian

Short answer: No

Long answer: Nooooooooooo
Nasonxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
MWMJoker

So he's an idiot or "beyond help" for admitting he liked Dungeon Siege III? Newsflash, quite a few people did. What you see in forums and metacritic is a infinitesimally small minority. Always keep that in mind.

That point aside, D&D Daggerdale is...a mess. For 5 bucks, I would say go for it simply because it IS a dungeon crawler at it's core. Yes, there are a lot of bugs. Yes, the story writing is weak. It works quite well with a 360 gamepad though. I use my PS3 controller emulated as a 360 pad and I had no problems running it.

Try to put it into perspective. 5 bucks for a few hours of hack n slash fun. You could spend 5 bucks on a burger. Or even a drink. Ultimately it's up to you (obviously). As someone else said, the only real way to gauge whether you'll like it or not is to play it. I'm sure you could find some Let's Play YouTube videos of it or something similar.
MWMJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
HorrorScope

Honestly this game isn't really worth it or anything. Short is an understatement for a 3d diablo game like this.
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
Chaotic Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWMJoker View Post
So he's an idiot or "beyond help" for admitting he liked Dungeon Siege III? Newsflash, quite a few people did. What you see in forums and metacritic is a infinitesimally small minority. Always keep that in mind.

That point aside, D&D Daggerdale is...a mess. For 5 bucks, I would say go for it simply because it IS a dungeon crawler at it's core. Yes, there are a lot of bugs. Yes, the story writing is weak. It works quite well with a 360 gamepad though. I use my PS3 controller emulated as a 360 pad and I had no problems running it.

Try to put it into perspective. 5 bucks for a few hours of hack n slash fun. You could spend 5 bucks on a burger. Or even a drink. Ultimately it's up to you (obviously). As someone else said, the only real way to gauge whether you'll like it or not is to play it. I'm sure you could find some Let's Play YouTube videos of it or something similar.
Except the fact that there are way better dungeon crawlers out there for the same price. And those 5 bucks you keep bringing up, is nothing else but the christmas sale. Now that the sale is over, it's not just 5 bucks anymore. Don't you dare come and tell us, that it's worth even 5 bucks.

Hell, I'd rather go for the burger than this.
Chaotic Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #12
GlaDOSowen

Whats it with people and calling games "console ports"? They're the ones that need to get a life, not the developers. The fact is, the console market has more patrons, so starting development on the console gives them some moving room in case of a problem in which they can't spend as much initial time developing a game, so they can sell enough to stay in a house themselves, as their humans too.
GlaDOSowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #13
Dr_Quake

Game is not so bad, IMHO, even with all those bugs - closer to classic console Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance than DS3, so enjoy, i liked BGDA series and successors.
Dr_Quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
Razoride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlaDOSowen View Post
Whats it with people and calling games "console ports"? They're the ones that need to get a life, not the developers. The fact is, the console market has more patrons, so starting development on the console gives them some moving room in case of a problem in which they can't spend as much initial time developing a game, so they can sell enough to stay in a house themselves, as their humans too.
Somebody has no idea what they're talking about.
Razoride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale