Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire

Old 01-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
OGRastamon

More Trouble In Windows 7

With both Bully and GTAIV a sad unplayable waste of money I was very surprised when after an application error upon the initial launch I was able to get LA Noire (which I had forgotten was a Rockstar title or I would have passed) up and running. The opening cinematic was a bit choppy but after that it was smooth sailing. Until 15 hours later when things started to get gummy. I quit the game and rebooted the system. Next time I tried to play I got no further than the loading splash before the game quietly shut down (though I did find the errors in the log). I ran Windows Update and sure enough I had missed two Framework updates. I also verified the cache and reacquired a file. The result is that sometimes I get to see the opening credits before it goes down with a much louder crash complete with Windows searching for a solution (which it never finds). Of the fixes I've seen nothing applies. Compatibility mode is not on and I'm running as administrator. Do I need to give up on another Rockstar title and take my lumps?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
OGRastamon

Managed to play a few hours by running the app directly as admin (though UAC is off so I don't understand how this makes a diff) but everything's back to SNAFU now.
OGRastamon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire