Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > And Yet It Moves

Old 12-25-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
Nova Prospekt

Anyone got a migraine after playing this for a while?

Seriously, this game is trippy and it actually gave me a big headache.

Not hating on this game (although i don't like it much, but i do like the art style), but does anyone feel nauseous like me after playing this for a while?maybe it has something to do with all the rotation of the world?

Also, what level am i on?I bought this game long ago but never bothered to play until now.I'm on the level where there's iguanas and bats, and to kill the iguanas you have to fly bats on it?
Old 12-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Calmly Frenetic

I had similar trouble when I first tried the game. So I swapped the default buttons for left/right rotation.

I have it so that pressing "left" rotates the world to the right. It seems much more natural, and less headache inducing, for the character to rotate left when I press left.

I was then able to really enjoy playing through the 20-something levels. The iguanas and bats are in the 4th level at the end of chapter 1, so there are many more interesting things still to come.

And it does get even more trippy.
Calmly Frenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
u2jedi

Nope, not nauseating, just really frustrating at the moment. I want to use that Bow from Bastion to kill that beehive blocking my access up the tree. I should have some kind of achievment for "Endless Deaths In the Exact Same Spot"...

I have tried to change the keyboard setting to allow the left button to equal rotate left but have been unable to. Argh. I think I'd die less if I didn't have to think in reverse while rotating clockwise to reach a ceiling.

Just give me a bow for that beehive

@Nova Prospekt

You have to drop the bats down the ravine to land on top the iguana. It's a gravity situation. Then when enough bats have botherd the iguana it will give up its post.
Wait til you get to the forest with moving platforms and blackholes :-D

Last edited by u2jedi: 01-05-2012 at 02:17 PM.
u2jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
inspiral66

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jedi View Post
Nope, not nauseating, just really frustrating at the moment. I want to use that Bow from Bastion to kill that beehive blocking my access up the tree. I should have some kind of achievment for "Endless Deaths In the Exact Same Spot"...

I have tried to change the keyboard setting to allow the left button to equal rotate left but have been unable to. Argh. I think I'd die less if I didn't have to think in reverse while rotating clockwise to reach a ceiling.

Just give me a bow for that beehive

@Nova Prospekt

You have to drop the bats down the ravine to land on top the iguana. It's a gravity situation. Then when enough bats have botherd the iguana it will give up its post.
Wait til you get to the forest with moving platforms and blackholes :-D
The beehive is easily destroyed once you know how. There's a natural weapon just behind you...
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
Calmly Frenetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2jedi View Post

I'm not sure why the keyboard setting wouldn't change for you.
This is all I did to swap them (and die less ) :

In Options, Keyboard tab, under World Rotations:
With the mouse, click on the "right" button.
Press "left" on the keyboard.

In the end, I used a controller anyway.
Calmly Frenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
u2jedi

@inspiral66

Are you referring to the fire boulders? I tried dropping 2 of them on the beehive at the same time but they phased right through to the bottom...top

The flames went out before I could roll them through the crevasse.
u2jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > And Yet It Moves