Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires III

Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #31
eagleFMJ

Got the mod working, now I can't roate the camera, pressing rotate does nothing, in the game options 'Allow Camera Rotaion' is turned on.

Last edited by eagleFMJ: 01-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
eagleFMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #32
City Builder

Funny, even before I installed the mod I could not get the map to rotate.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
eagleFMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
Funny, even before I installed the mod I could not get the map to rotate.
You can rotate the map CB, you have to allow it in the game options menu then use the keys in hotkey menu, I changed mine to Q and E.

It works on fine untill you install this mod.

eagle

edit: It seems that if you change the key in 'Hotkeys' to something other than default button 'ctrl+left/right', the rotate no longer works, weird. I speaking about TAD btw.

Last edited by eagleFMJ: 01-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
City Builder

Thanks, I had it checked in the options, guess I just thought that Q and E would be the default keys, I'll have to try again with the keys you mentioned.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #35
eagleFMJ

CB heres my map zoom settings if you would like to try them.

'startup/gamey.cfg'

limitPitch=35
maxZoom=150
normalZoom=100
minZoom=20
extraZoomPercent=0.35
zoomSpeed=0.5
zoomWheelDivisor=30.0
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #36
City Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleFMJ View Post
CB heres my map zoom settings if you would like to try them.
Hey,

I'm really not sure they are working correctly, as when I set the max zoom level higher, it's not noticible in the game. For example setting it to 300 or 500 and the zoom level is the same as running it just after installing the mod.

So this kind of leads me to believe that maybe the setting doesn't do anything in the cfg file at all maybe.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #37
eagleFMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
Hey,

I'm really not sure they are working correctly, as when I set the max zoom level higher, it's not noticeable in the game. For example setting it to 300 or 500 and the zoom level is the same as running it just after installing the mod.

So this kind of leads me to believe that maybe the setting doesn't do anything in the cfg file at all maybe.

I was having the same issue, note that there are 3 different cfgs for each expansion pack, if you are playing TAD its the one I stated above ending in y.

Set in options different zoom levels, once i kept changing the cfg and nothing like you, then I went in options and changed from normal or far away and I saw the difference finally.

The zoom does work I promise you.

Also 300 - 500 is way too much zoom, 100 to 200, 250 max should be fine.

eagle

Last edited by eagleFMJ: 01-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #38
mandosrex

'=|Lexx|=', you can go on the mod's blog and read everything regarding changes, adds and balances there.
And don't worry, this is NOT one of those mods with infinite pop, forts and factories for everyone and other non-sense... This is a serious project going on for over a year with a lot of downloaders and supporters.

http://impmod.blogspot.com/

'City Builder', I didn't really tested the mod on the Steam version, but I guess it should work as with the normal one.
Just use this path for the installer and pray...

/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Empires III/ (or how it is named, maybe Age of Empires 3, I dunno)

I had it on GFWL so I won't buy it on Steam too, meaning I can't personally test the mod on this version, but again, it should be the same.

'eagleFMJ', 'City Builder' is right, you need to hold CTRL and use LEFT and RIGHT to rotate the camera. My mod doesn't changes controls, this is how TAD has them.

Last edited by mandosrex: 01-08-2012 at 05:59 AM.
mandosrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #39
eagleFMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandosrex View Post
'eagleFMJ', 'City Builder' is right, you need to hold CTRL and use LEFT and RIGHT to rotate the camera. My mod doesn't changes controls, this is how TAD has them.
Where did City Builder say this? I was the one that said this lol.

Also I get these errors in campaign mode http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61...3AFFCE527A594/

It seems that in TAD default before this mod changing the hotkeys for map rotate do not work, however in the base game and warchiefs it works fine, so this mod does not cause this, weird how the other 2 are fine except TAD.

Last edited by eagleFMJ: 01-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #40
mandosrex

Oh, yeah, sorry... I got mixed up in comments...
As for the error, I will look into it right away.

It's frustrating when people get errors and problems which I don't...

---

Yap, just checked, I don't get it...

Can you please tell me if you get it in all campaigns or only in this one, and can you mention them?

And can someone else confirm this error please?

I will try to make some research on the Steam version, but it's kinda hard because I don't have a source...

Can someone with AoE3 on Steam add me on Skype so I can get a look at it with Team Viewer?
Search it if you want, it's just a program which allows me to see into someones computer, but you (the person which i connect to) have full control at all time and I also need a special ID and password, which resets every time the program is started, and also the program needs to run so I can use it.

My Skype id is 'mandos-rex'.
Thank you.

---

Oh damn, I made a mistake... the path with which you install the mod on Steam is:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3\bin\

Last edited by mandosrex: 01-08-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #41
James009

Definitely going to check out this mod. Looks like it adds a lot of nifty features to the game. Any possibility to add Hero characters to the game as shipments or alternatives to Explorers? I think that'd be a cool addition.

Edit: Splash screen shows that the mod is loaded but I got an "AI error" upon loading a skirmish Regicide- Texas map. It still let me play but the AI didn't ever do anything. I'll retest the mod soon.

Edit: Just saw the post on your blog. Damn.

The good news is that the rotation feature works fine. Any way to just implement that?

Last edited by James009: 01-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.
James009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #42
Chrissd21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandosrex View Post
stuff
LAN easier with Steam? Like hell. :P Many a year ago when I was a wee lad (at least 3 years!), I used to LAN with a network cord. Now I LAN with a commercial router since I need everyone to connect to the internet in order to sign into Steam and then we can play a game.

Steam doesn't make a LAN easier, makes it much harder. Also there's no more heading out to a beach shack, since now I need a decent broadband connection as well as power.
Chrissd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #43
_Pyke_

Thanks for updating this mod to work with the steam version. I'll try it out
_Pyke_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #44
_Pyke_

Played around with it a bit and I have to say, great mod . I don't get why this thread is rated so low :s

Some thoughts:
-The banner carrier seems to get stuck in his walking animation
-You receive the miner a bit late (5th age) most of the mines are gone by then.
-One Improvement I would really like is to be able to select a larger army
_Pyke_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #45
mandosrex

Yes, the mod has been updated, like it is all the time, and now it works with the Steam version 100%!

And yes 'Pyke', i know that now. It will be fixed in the next update along with other little problems.

So, try out the 'improvement Mod' to see all that AoE3 has to offer, as the creators of the game kinda left it unfinished and bugged, the 'Improvement Mod' completes and improves AoE3 TAD like never before.

http://impmod.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires III