Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2010

Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #16
jbwyatt

ok - please don't take this as an attack because I honestly would like to know... I've seen a lot of "gripes" like this and I'm not arguing with you or trying to convince you differently. You are obviously disappointed with the game and I've barely started messing with it and have a few annoyances as well - can't see the mirrors in cockpit view - can't turn off robot pitting - etc. but the driving has been quite enjoyable and I'm loving it so far. And I'm no race sim noob I got hooked on Indy 500 and been on a looong ride ever since, never getting the "seat time" I would like but that's beside the point here.

What I never see in these rants (no disrespect, a rant is a rant and sometimes ya gotta rant) is the alternative that is so much better - what are you comparing it to and I know it doesn't HAVE to be compared to anything - suck is suck no matter what else is available or not. But nobody ever says 'If you want a REAL sim, try _______' and personally if there's something that blows this out of the water, I wanna know about it 'cause I'm there...

The physics and detail is what it's all about to me - I get real tired of the menus and "fluffy" stuff that plagues Codemasters titles and any console port too but I will deal with it because once I get "behind the wheel" Codemasters does pretty dang all right in my book. Yes I want something better - I want a sim that will leave me physically sickened after seeing or having a bad wreck - I want to literally get scared when approaching a blind turn at 180mph - I want to feel and see it ALL... that sim hasn't been made yet - until it is I'm having a blast with what I've got.

And the comparison to F-Zero physics I don't get at all - when I go into a turn too hot I know before I get there that I've over-shot it and am going off - or if I get on the gas a little too much too soon coming out of a turn I usually know I've done it a moment before the car comes completely out from under me - and if I realize that it's going to spin in time I can correct it and keep on trucking with a cool little fish tail... the physics are there - it does what I imagine it should do - and imagine is all I can compare it to because I've never done it otherwise. Haven't tried the snapping out of a spin with a brake tap yet but yeah I agree that is crap at any real speed. I've also noticed the bizarre pace of the ai in practice but they get after it sometimes too which is to a point kinda accurate - first practice session there's gonna be a lot of "checking" and data gathering. By the 3rd practice I see a lot less of that puttin' around looking at the scenery stuff.

So - give it up... what sim does do it for you or has it just not been made. Because when it comes to F1 this is probably 2nd best with Gran Turismo 5 being top - I say probably 'cause I haven't messed with GT5 and just have a friend's video clips and critique to go on but it looks freakin' awesome.

Here's where I'm at on this - Indy 500 was cool as s--- and I had a total blast trying to get good at it. The 1st NASCAR sim was cool and Indy Car Racing was almost cooler ICR2 was definitely cooler. None of those even come close to NASCAR 03 and GTR 2 - I still absolutely LOVE Gran Prix Legends and I've never gotten good enough at most of the tracks - Grid is a total blast and other than the gamey menus and so-called story crap the driving is a lot of fun and I feel fairly accurate. Dirt is fun - Richard Burns Rally is a freaking blast - The physics of BMW M3 Challenge and GTR 2 are probably the best I have experienced. I want to check out iRacing but that's a pretty expensive hobby and I'm not there yet. So for now F1 2010 is the best I have for my F1 fix and I think it delivers the goods - obviously others don't feel that way and of them I honestly ask - "What Does" because I want it....
jbwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #17
milkyjoe

does anyone like the menus, it could be my monitor but the menu seems low quality prerendered, If they could have come up with HD final fastasy quality prerendered menu, something to raise the bar i think it would have worked.
milkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #18
mudflaps

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Duck View Post
F1 2010 is an awful, dumbed down, irritating and unrealistic crock of game. Painfully obvious console port. Forever showing loading screens. Music is terrible just have to turn it off after a few mins. Interface is dreadful, tedious to navigate, difficult to navigate. Condescending and simplistic text/voice in game. Couldn't bare to play it for more than 30 mins.

GFWL just another bundle of crap in it's own right. Don't want to get into that. Wouldn't recommend F1 2010 for even $0.05. If you like your F1, avoid this game. Maybe you will like this game if you are 11 years old and like your xbox.
Is this your first "DIRT" game? They think its cool to have us rebrowse the we didnt want to browse in the first place. Like in dirt 2 COOL MAN RAD BLAA

NOt a console port, just a really bad developer.
mudflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #19
Moranis

Too much anger, I love F1 and am highly enjoying F1 2010 since I've installed the a.i. tool kit, as the a.i. drivers in heavy rain were totally unbalanced.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #20
MurphysLaww

I picked this up for $15 US. It's sounding like I'll be disappointed in some ways. I've been in iRacing Since 2008, and from what I've heard, they spent something like 6-8 years developing it, so It seems that you kind of get out what you put into a sim as far as time coding, and crunching numbers.

I still have yet to run any sim that approaches iracing's physics and realism in graphics. You don't see that cheesy floating over the road, etc.

That said, I just paid the same amount for 1 track in iRacing, (Oulton Park) as I paid for this entire game. I just want to experience some of the tracks that iracing doesn't have deals for, or are too difficult to scan and code in the way they do it.(Monaco)

I think you have to take these for what they are, games, and leave the simulation to entities like iRacing that actually put the time in, and are paying the appropriate talent.

Last edited by MurphysLaww: 12-22-2011 at 08:56 PM.
MurphysLaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #21
rbr8299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Duck View Post
F1 2010 is an awful, dumbed down, irritating and unrealistic crock of game. Painfully obvious console port. Forever showing loading screens. Music is terrible just have to turn it off after a few mins. Interface is dreadful, tedious to navigate, difficult to navigate. Condescending and simplistic text/voice in game. Couldn't bare to play it for more than 30 mins.

GFWL just another bundle of crap in it's own right. Don't want to get into that. Wouldn't recommend F1 2010 for even $0.05. If you like your F1, avoid this game. Maybe you will like this game if you are 11 years old and like your xbox.
nope.avi
rbr8299 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2010