|01-10-2012, 05:48 AM||#1|
Flying Wild Hog
Join Date: Sep 2011
FAQ - Known Issues and Multichannel Audio. Read before posting.
If the game doesn't start:
Steam installer runs in 'silent' mode - if the directx installation is interrupted by anything, the user won't be informed about the interruption (and directx won't install all the required libraries).
If you happen to have problems starting the game - and starting the game from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hardreset\hardreset.e xe will display a missing file prompt, then:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hardreset\redist\dire ctx
- this version of directx contains all the libraries required by Hard Reset.
Then go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\hardreset\redist
and install vcredist_x86.
This should be enough to make the game run.
If the Load times are insanely long:
Go to your antivir control panel and add Hard Reset as an exclusion from antivir scans.
If you are experiencing screen flickering on AMD/ATI Radeon cards:
Go to CCC (CatalystControlCenter) and set all settings to DEFAULT values.
If textures are displayed blurred/unreadeable on AMD/ATI Radeon cards:
Go to CCC (CatalystControlCenter) and set mipmap settings to DEFAULT values.
Multichannel AUDIO FAQ:
- 5.1 is fully supported with analog output
- 7.1 is currently downmixed to 5.1 (Hard Reset ver. 1.24), but it will be fixed in the next patch.
- 5.1, or 7.1 with digital output S/PDIF (optical, or electrical) is not possible without a sound card or dedicated software capable of encoding audio to Dolby Digital Live format, or to DTS* and hardware with Dolby Digital, or DTS decoder.
*Please note that encoding 5.1 signal to DD, or DTS is not lossless and the final sound quality will be inferior (Dolby Digital Live uses 640Kb/s enconding for all 6 channels).
Asus Xonar cards are fully comaptible with Hard Reset, please select Dolby Digital Live to use 5.1 with digital output, or use PCM with analog outputs.
Creative X-Fi cards are fully comaptible with Hard Reset, to use 5.1 with digital output, please enable Encoder->Dolby Digital Live in Creative Audio Panel (Dolby Digital Live Connect software may need to be purchased seprately from Creative), or use PCM with analog outputs.
If you still have issues with multichannel sound in Hard Reset:
- please try to disable any hardware effects/EAX/room corrections in your driver settings/control panel. FMOD and Hard Reset are not using any hardware sound acceleration, or EAX due to hardware compatibility issues.
- Disconnect your headphones if you want to run the game in mutlichannel audio mode (5.1, 7.1) - some systems may detect headphones and will force stereo output.
Some Realtek on-board audio chips have buggy drivers (for example some Gigabyte motherboards) and in 5.1 mode the audio output to Side speakers may be switched with Rear ones. The best solution is to select 7.1. mode.
Last edited by Hashmallum: 01-18-2012 at 07:53 AM.