Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dwarfs!?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
skylar15

Exclamation Dwarfs digging the walls I make!

I play this GREAT game but it is annoying that they always dig the walls I build and I was wonder if you will making them stop doing that soon?

Last edited by skylar15: 08-05-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Fixing errors!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
ONe mOMENT

Think they are ment to. Its to keep it hard, you need to seal the water/lava flows pretty quick some times.

And the only way to truly seal something is to put a hole infront of the wall so your dwarves can't get to it. And put the solid rock walls around the rest of the flow. You get points for it as well!
ONe mOMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Travis182

They dig randomly anywhere they can. It's the randomness of their movement that keeps the game unpredictable. What you're complaining about is the game's difficulty.
Travis182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
MithranArkanere

Walls are temporary. To really seal a wall, you must sacrifice dwarfs with dynamite to put holes around.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
Dudler

Power of Two
The game would unfortunately be broken if we made the dwarfs unable to eras walls.
We are looking into adding some more content for the game and in one of these patches there might be a mode that is more about building and less about dieng.
Dudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudler View Post
The game would unfortunately be broken if we made the dwarfs unable to eras walls.
We are looking into adding some more content for the game and in one of these patches there might be a mode that is more about building and less about dieng.
well, for my $.02:

this is basically an RTS, and lots of RTS have "research" you can do, to get new units, passive bonuses, etc.

some passive bonuses would be cool like maybe
  • 5% greater chance to act "intelligently" (seek minerals, avoid hazards, don't do stuff like meander back and forth on the same few squares, etc.)
  • 5% better ability to "sniff out" minerals, or perhaps even id what is in a cave without opening it.
  • dig/move speed bonus
  • diggers fight a little better
  • earn a little more gold
  • water/lava flow slower
  • buildables cheaper
  • diggers train faster
  • fighters have larger "awareness" radius
  • etc.

I guess you would spend gold to unlock them?

just a quick first blush. to be implemented in balanced, reasonable fashion, of course! nothing too powerful or game-breaking. (I stopped writing "a little" for every suggestion, but it's implied!) but, in general, I'd favor passive boosts versus "actives" (new units, abilities to trigger, etc.) cuz the game already has enough micromanaging to worry about. you have your own ideas, I'm sure; not trying to meddle.

thanks for the hard work and good luck!
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dwarfs!?