Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gratuitous Space Battles

Old 12-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Soul0Reaper

around 20 dollars of dlcs...and thats on sale

Can anyone explain to me the pricing on these dlcs? Charging you so much for each new race seems a bit too much...and this is an indie game too. I thought the game was a pretty neat concept and had alot of fun designing ships but these prices seems something I expect activision to charge...
Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
targetbsp

It'll probably be 75% off at some point.
targetbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
thomashanauer

I find the value really high as well. I check the daily deal everyday to se if it goes on 75%.

Anyone willing to exchance the complete pack for 5 coals and 4 coupoms? contact me. id: thomashanauer
thomashanauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
targetbsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetbsp View Post
It'll probably be 75% off at some point.
Or not!
Ended up buying all the DLC anyway. I like it a lot and got the game with HIB anyway so may as well buy something direct from the dev!

For me, Galactic Conquest is pretty much a must for the new campaign mode with all the new features that it brings.

The races seem to mostly just add a bit of variety in your opposition and give you a competitive edge in having the flexibility to choose from all the races with their particular bonuses and weapons to bring to each fight. I'd imagine they're fairly optional for someone who's only going to play casually or occasionally. And if you were going to play seriously, they're easily worth the money I expect!

Last edited by targetbsp: 01-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
LCinn

I agree. I'm usually kind of hesitant about `it's too expensive' complaints about indie games, but in this case, yes, I feel the pricing isn't quite right. I'm not saying they aren't worth it, that's very subjective. I'm just saying I have the feeling the race DLCs could have been priced more strategically. They're way out of the impulse-`must have them all'-buy range. Only now, with 50% off, I would even *consider* getting them (instead of the usual WHOA SALE GRAB).

The price seems right if GSB is your favorite game ever. However, I feel GSB is much more of a `fun diversion'-game (a great one though!) than a `dedicate all my gaming hours to it'-game.

So, for me, the pricing is wrong. Maybe I'm an exception, or maybe the gain from the higher price outstrips the potential gain from extra customers, but I do get the feeling I'm not at all alone in this. Cliffski seems pretty sure about his prices though, so maybe he knows something about his customer statistics we don't.
LCinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
thomashanauer

I agree with the overpricing. 40 dollars for a complete edition? That's a little bit too much. Even in their site the complete collection of DLC is about 23 dollars.

I'll be waiting for a sale when I can grab the complete version for 75% discount.
thomashanauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
Fyugie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashanauer View Post
I agree with the overpricing. 40 dollars for a complete edition? That's a little bit too much. Even in their site the complete collection of DLC is about 23 dollars.
Actually if you look at the pack on the dev site itself, it has only 3 DLC packs in it, Swarm Order and Tribe. Nomands, Galactic Conquest, and Parasites aren't included. If you buy the Collector's Edition ($24) and you buy the missing three DLCs seperately from the dev, it comes out to $43 and some change. Steam is a few bucks cheaper, not much though. If you buy the base game, plus the 9.99 DLC bundle, you get 4 of the DLCs and then you need to buy 2 still, which comes out to $42 and some change.
Fyugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Necroclysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyugie View Post
Actually if you look at the pack on the dev site itself, it has only 3 DLC packs in it, Swarm Order and Tribe. Nomands, Galactic Conquest, and Parasites aren't included. If you buy the Collector's Edition ($24) and you buy the missing three DLCs seperately from the dev, it comes out to $43 and some change. Steam is a few bucks cheaper, not much though. If you buy the base game, plus the 9.99 DLC bundle, you get 4 of the DLCs and then you need to buy 2 still, which comes out to $42 and some change.
What 9.99 bundle? I have never seen a DLC bundle for 10 dollars and there is not one currently up there.
Necroclysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:51 AM   #9
targetbsp

It's the top google hit for gratuitous space battles dlc.
http://positech.co.uk/gratuitousspac...dlcbundle.html
Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #10
washu73

Be thankful it is not like that railroad game, it has nearly $3000 worth of DLC.
washu73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gratuitous Space Battles