Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Hey_ub

Blood checkbox unchecked, still blood?

I am of the opinion blood and games don't mix, and was quite glad torchlight has an option to turn blood off. I did notice a couple instances where blood still exists. When a champion specter summons a regular specter there is a puddle of blood around where it was summoned. The second instant is the "bleeding" effect, such as the tu'tara edgebreaker causes.

I do not think of myself as incompetent and wish to find a way to create a mod to fix this issue, trouble is I am new to torchlight and do not know where the files are located. I suspect the summon blood is related to the champion specter, and the bleeding is related the the character who is under the effects of bleeding.

So, my questions are, Does a mod exist that fixes this problem already? If not, where should I go to look for these files?

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
randomstuff06

It's not my intention to be confrontational, or to hijack this thread, but I am intensely curious about why you think blood and games do not mix.

I assure you that my curiosity stems purely from the desire to understand alternate points of view, not from some sick desire to stir up an argument.

randomstuff06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
Webbstre

I would suggest taking this to the modding section of the official Runic Games forums. Let me know when you get it posted there so I can poke someone at Runic to take a look at it. I know their intention was to have a real No Blood option, but those few bits probably got missed due to the short production time.

The official forum is located here: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewfor...fbdb80cfb500d9
Webbstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
Hey_ub

I have posted it there, I was unaware those forums existed, thank you.
Hey_ub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #5
Webbstre

Did you make a thread over there? Because if you did I can get it pointed at a developer to help you make it all work correctly.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Jackolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstuff06 View Post
It's not my intention to be confrontational, or to hijack this thread, but I am intensely curious about why you think blood and games do not mix.

I assure you that my curiosity stems purely from the desire to understand alternate points of view, not from some sick desire to stir up an argument.

Yes answer us!
Jackolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
gotEMdank

do you censor your hand when you cut your finger?
gotEMdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
account2

There is a a mod to completely remove blood.

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/tor...blood-fix.html

Wait a moment, you created the mod OP, lol nvm.
account2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #9
Webbstre

Haha, yeah he went over to the official forums and got some help for making it so you could completely remove blood from the game. I rather liked his method, rather than endless complaining he went and did something about it.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
Jackolas

Tru dat.
Jackolas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series