Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Secret of Monkey Island series

Old 12-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
ZaLiTHkA

Secret of Monkey Island - Dialog and Exit Problems

I've just finished installing Monkey Island, and I'm having two problems with it... I've tried searching the forums, but either I'm just not searching for the right terms, or nobody else has asked this before.

First problem is with the dialogs; when the game starts and Guybrush walks up to the lookout guy, he starts off saying "Hi, my name's Guybrush Threepwood and I want to be a pirate.", then the lookout responds by a "Yikes!".. After that, if I remember correctly he says something about "Don't sneak up on me like that!", but the game never gets past the "Yikes" comment. The fire keeps flickering and I can pause/unpause and get back to the menu, but no matter what I do, the game won't finish the dialog and I can't go any further.

The second problem is when I try exit the game, the MISE.exe process jumps to 100% usage on the core it was running on, and never closes. The only thing I can do is end task with task manager.

I'm running this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, tried running in compatibilty mode, with 'Disable visual themes', and 'Disable desktop composition', but nothing seems to fix it. Has anybody got any ideas here? I'm not sure what else to try..
Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
ZaLiTHkA

Well, the day after downloading MI, there was a 500MB update to it... And now the problems I was having aren't cropping up anymore. So, yet again, thanks for nothing. I really don't know why I bother with these forums in the first place..
ZaLiTHkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Marsbergen

Thanks for stopping by.
Marsbergen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Secret of Monkey Island series