Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series

Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
popopz

Thanks you so much for this. I love this game.
popopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
CaptainHawaiian

wow. my custom keybindings cfg file doesn't seem to work either. I'm actually quite surprised a game with such a high graphical quality as well as music/production can have such silly problems as not being able to assign controls. I will read forums first before buying another game released by Robot. Very disappointed. Custom controls should be a standard function provided in any first-person type game.
CaptainHawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
Bumbasher

I gave the demo a go with my 360 pad and it is playable, but this is definitely a game I would like to use mouse and keyboard with. Not everyone uses WASD, arrows etc. So without proper fully configurable keys, I can't part with my cash. A real shame.

If this is changed in a future patch, I will look forward to supporting what seems like an otherwise well made game.
Bumbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbasher View Post
I gave the demo a go with my 360 pad and it is playable, but this is definitely a game I would like to use mouse and keyboard with. Not everyone uses WASD, arrows etc. So without proper fully configurable keys, I can't part with my cash. A real shame.

If this is changed in a future patch, I will look forward to supporting what seems like an otherwise well made game.
You can configure the keys through the config file, just not the UI. Its unclear what you're trying to accomplish.

Last edited by nrnoble: 12-21-2011 at 12:04 PM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
UKchaos

Anyone know what to enter to to bind the "upgrade trap" command? I want to use "U" for something else.

Its completely absurd that the game did not ship with fully configurable keys right in the menu.

As a left handed gamer, I'm really tired of buying a game only to immediately have to begin googling which config file to look in.

Last edited by UKchaos: 12-31-2011 at 07:32 PM.
UKchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
Kratier

wow, was considering buying this, because it was on sale.

but i look at this post here, and this game is such a lazy PC port you dont even have key configs in the ingame menu? nevermind, no purchase from me.
Kratier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
l4d3

Why doesn't the config file show me how to rebind the mouse buttons? Id rather butcher the controls trying to rebind the mouse rather than being stuck with the default buttons.

My mouse will let me rebind mouse buttons to keyboard buttons, but my keyboard doesn't let me rebind keyboard keys to mouse buttons.

Most every game lets you rebind mouse 1 and mouse 2. A lot will even let you rebind the extra keys on the mouse. If not, that is what mouse drivers are for. But since the lazy devs don't allow you to rebind even m1/m2, anyone who needs to rebind their keys are screwed.

No in-game remapping = fail
No mouse remapping = fail
l4d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
Joan-Michele

What does Weavers and Bloodmap do? Also, will the game ever support the use of the Tab key? I want to map the show map button to that key.

Yeah, being able to rebind the keys ingame should be a top-priority in the next patch. Adding an SDK to create new content would be nice as well. I really love this game and I want to see it expand with user-generated content. As it stands right now, the inconvenient nature of custom binding keys, and the limited moddability is what's hindering this game from longevity.

EDIT : Also, how do I change the mouse sensitivity and increase the horizontal FOV to 110?

Last edited by Joan-Michele: 01-06-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Joan-Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
v@.Li.um

So I can't still zoom with the crossbow
v@.Li.um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
xola

It's with notepad, isn't? or wordpad? I create the file but it doesn't seem to work. By the way, no ctrl keys allowed? Meeeeeh....
xola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
bodger2

I guess I will mention it since nobody else has. I copied and pasted the keybindings from the first post and I did not notice that the 3 key is bound to the - minus key. Perhaps the top post can be updated?

Also for others that are having troubles getting there cfg files to work make sure that it is an actual .cfg file and not just a .txt file (user.cfg.txt). You need the correct extension. In Windows 7 that can be found but clicking Orginize in the toolbar at the top and select "folder and search options". Then in the folder options window that pops up select the "View" tab and uncheck "Hide extensions of known file types". Then name your file user.cfg with no .txt extension.

I was having a problem with the zoom not working on my crossbow. It seemed to stop working after I install my mouse software. But after I added the user.cfg file it all of a sudden started working. Not sure if that was what fixed it or not.
bodger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
iamCDR

I'm really glad that there's a user.cfg file available for use. At some point in the future, can you include some settings for tweaking mouse sensitivity? When I play FPS games (mostly Quake), my preferred sensitivity is 8.5 inches (21.7 cm) per 360 degree turn. At the lowest sensitivity possible in Orcs Must Die!, I get around 3.4 inches per 360 (an estimate, because I had to use a ruler rather than calculate it directly). That's more than twice as sensitive as what I'm used to, and it's inconvenient to change it any lower. If you could allow us to directly input a sensitivity in our user.cfg files, I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure a lot of other people would as well.
iamCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
jasonbecker83

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamCDR View Post
I'm really glad that there's a user.cfg file available for use. At some point in the future, can you include some settings for tweaking mouse sensitivity? When I play FPS games (mostly Quake), my preferred sensitivity is 8.5 inches (21.7 cm) per 360 degree turn. At the lowest sensitivity possible in Orcs Must Die!, I get around 3.4 inches per 360 (an estimate, because I had to use a ruler rather than calculate it directly). That's more than twice as sensitive as what I'm used to, and it's inconvenient to change it any lower. If you could allow us to directly input a sensitivity in our user.cfg files, I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure a lot of other people would as well.
I have the same problem... tried a lot of things but my mouse is still way too fast and everytime I need to hurry I find myself spinning and facing the same way I was facing before moving my mouse...
jasonbecker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #29
vmatias888

Thanks very useful.
One question, how do I set the mouse sensitivity manually?

Regards
vmatias888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #30
astronaute

Can someone please tell me if this issue has been solved, I would like to buy the game but few friends told me not to because it is impossible to assign keys properly?
astronaute is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series