Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mafia series

Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
IntroSpectre6x3

"Pay Back Bruno" No fix in sight...

I'll start off by pointing you to a 2k Forums thread that details the problem here.

I'm having the exact same problem, and none of the "fixes" detailed in that thread have helped me. I've restarted the chapter and played through with no deaths (pain in the ) and no robbing of the shops, not a bit of help.

Has some answer been established that I just happen to be missing? Or is 2k Games just getting lazier by the day?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
imonfire

I had an issue in Chapter 14 as well.

At the construction site, Joe got stuck at the top level. I did not realize that, went all the way down and killed everyone. I went back up, found him and tried to push him down, however he would not climb that table at the place where there's fire, so there was no way to leave the building. Since in the last save game I was already at the bottom of the building, restarting the game did not help. I had to restart the entire chapter to solve this.
imonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Razorbak86

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntroSpectre6x3 View Post
I'll start off by pointing you to a 2k Forums thread that details the problem here.

I'm having the exact same problem, and none of the "fixes" detailed in that thread have helped me. I've restarted the chapter and played through with no deaths (pain in the ) and no robbing of the shops, not a bit of help.

Has some answer been established that I just happen to be missing? Or is 2k Games just getting lazier by the day?
That 2K thread actually addresses several problems (e.g., Mona Lisa door prompt not available, unending loading screen after the final cut-scene), so I'm not sure exactly which problem you are experiencing.

Below is my personal advice. Since I have beaten the game on hard difficult on all three platforms (PC, Xbox 360, and PS3), I am quite familiar with this chapter, and I have encountered and overcome problems during several of my play-throughs.

I'll start with the simple approach. If that works, you can avoid having to re-play the entire chapter.

A. SIMPLE APPROACH -- AVOID CHAPTER REPLAY

Here's what worked for me. On my recent PC play-through, I couldn't get past the final cut-scene with Bruno because of the indefinite loading screen...

1) I just quit the game, re-started from Windows desktop, selected CONTINUE from the main menu, and found myself (Vito) at the last checkpoint of the chapter, right outside the "doctor's" house, where I had just dropped off Joe.

2) Once the game re-started, I just drove straight to Mike Bruski's junkyard, offloaded and crushed my car and others already in the yard. If I still needed more money, I ran around the junkyard's internal drive-loop once, causing additional vehicles to re-spawn near the crusher. Repeated the above until I had enough money (i.e., $27,500 on the stat screen, or Vito's half of the total $55,000 owed) to trigger the game prompt to visit Bruno at the Mona Lisa.

3) Only then did I proceed directly to Bruno. I didn't rob any shops along the way, and I avoided police attention. This allowed me to enter the door and trigger the final cut-scene with Bruno.

4) After the final cut-scene ended, Chapter 15 started like normal.

B. ALTERNATIVE APPROACH -- INVOLVES CHAPTER REPLAY

If the simple approach above doesn't work, you'll probably have to re-start the chapter. However, there are some tips which will make the subsequent play-through easier.

1) If you're playing on Hard difficulty, and having a difficult time time killing Derek and Steve in the warehouse, don't enter the warehouse from the ground level. Use the following tactic to enable you to enter Derek's office directly from the outside staircase...

http://www.trueachievements.com/view...mmentid=113358

2) After you kill Derek and Steve in the warehouse, you'll probably have less than the $27.5K needed to repay your half of Bruno's fee.

3) Proceed directly to Mike Bruski's junkyard. AVOID police attention. DON'T rob any stores or commit any crimes along the way. ONLY crush cars at Mike Bruski's junkyard. Lather, rinse, and repeat with more cars until you have up to about $40k for Vito alone (i.e., in addition to Joe's $27.5 K).

4) After you have collected around $40K for Vito alone, go search for Joe. When you find him, fight through the construction site battle, from the rooftop to the ground floor, and then drive Joe to the "doctor's" house.

5) Proceed forward to the Mona Lisa. Once again, AVOID police attention, DON'T rob any stores along the way.

6) If you follow these detailed tips, you should be able to finish the chapter.

Good luck! Let me know if the above advice is helpful.
Razorbak86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mafia series