Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spectraball

Old 02-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #31
darkgriffin1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon79 View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are sorry about the promised patches. We worked hard on Spectraball but had very little funds to keep things going. I do have good news though. I've saved up money and have been working on a new engine. I plan on porting Spectraball to it. The new engine will provide a much easier pipeline for maps to be made as well as fix several performance issues. We are currently going through internal company restructing and are signing the paperwork. The original art team will be starting on the new maps tomorrow. Again, I apologize for the delay but this was our first game and had several internal issues (I won't go into all of it). We plan on making it worth it so I hope all of you will enjoy it.

Cheers,
Jonathon
Thank you for a good, honest reply.

From the sound of it it's too early to get my hopes up for a release-rerelease of the game since you need to get all the office/paperwork set up first. But it's very good to finally hear from you, and especally good to hear you won't be dropping the ball entirely.

Perhaps you could offer some sort of discount for the people who purchased the first game when you release Spectraball again.

The easier level design, thus possibly meaning a user level editor, also sounds like a major plus.

As for me, personally I think I'll just wait till the remake/rerelease of the game comes out. When it does, I'm pretty much buying it. The concept of the game has me sold, it's only the execution of the current version and then the lack of support that has killed purchasing it for me. So if you can get your company back on track, I for one would gladly support you with a purchase.

Keep us posted, and good luck! I know developing a game can be some really hard work, and it's going to be extra hard to come back since a lot of people probably won't be as forgiving about your reputation. But even with the current broken game, I can tell a lot of potential is here for something really good.
darkgriffin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #32
hexaae

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon79 View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are sorry about the promised patches. We worked hard on Spectraball but had very little funds to keep things going. I do have good news though. I've saved up money and have been working on a new engine. I plan on porting Spectraball to it. The new engine will provide a much easier pipeline for maps to be made as well as fix several performance issues. We are currently going through internal company restructing and are signing the paperwork. The original art team will be starting on the new maps tomorrow. Again, I apologize for the delay but this was our first game and had several internal issues (I won't go into all of it). We plan on making it worth it so I hope all of you will enjoy it.

Cheers,
Jonathon
We need first the promised patches for your previous game we bought.
We'll never buy another game from a SW-House with a so bad reputation. Nobody will trust you if you don't release the fixes.
Customer care is not an optional.

Last edited by hexaae: 03-21-2011 at 03:12 AM.
hexaae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #33
PurSpyk!!

All a lot of bull, they deserve to go bankcrupt, leaving us with this useless game.
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #34
Thethingamabob

So, then, does this mean that you do not intend to release the patch for spectraball at all, instead holding it over for a new game?

I am not planing on buying it if that is the case, considering the track record. Either give it for free/cheap to people that already own the game, or give out the patch you promised the while back.

Then I might consider buying a new game from you.
Thethingamabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #35
Major Cooke

It has been six months... I truly hope you are really working on this. I'd like to enjoy my old game that I spent a lot of time using to ventilate my rage by falling to my knockouts and quite honestly, it's a great stress reliever.

But please fix those god damn crashes! Just get an emergency patch that fixes THOSE first!
Major Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
mystrdat

Always wanted to see a new "Switchball" type of game as I very much enjoy such genre. Today, I've been deciding buying either this or Chime - the latter won thanks to this forum. Will buy right away if things change, the game looks like it has potential.

@Jonathon79 Staying with the community, spending some forum time every now and then and ultimately delivering what you promised are crucial aspects of success. You don't necessarily have to make huge sales in week 1 to see them later thanks to a word of mouth about great support. Look at Killing Floor and Tripwire Interactive.
mystrdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #37
Chronon

This game looks great but it's a shame that it's all there is to it at the current state. Make a patch for this and I'll be sure to buy it and consider getting the new title in the future too.

Ignore this game and I'll be sure to ignore your future titles as well. Fair deal.
Chronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #38
PurSpyk!!

Game will never get patched, time to move on. This chap is a real piece of work, promises and then nothing. This game should actually be removed from the Steam Store!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #39
glyn_ie

Whoa, go easy. Fair play to Jonathan there. It's a lot of work.

Jonathan: Thanks for your hard work. Please let us know when you have the time about upcoming patches. Spectraball is very replayable and I'll be sure to check out your new games.
glyn_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #40
PurSpyk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn_ie View Post
Whoa, go easy. Fair play to Jonathan there. It's a lot of work.

Jonathan: Thanks for your hard work. Please let us know when you have the time about upcoming patches. Spectraball is very replayable and I'll be sure to check out your new games.
How long are we supposed to wait, its been far too long, and we never hear a word?

Last message was 8 months ago, and still no updates??

Last edited by PurSpyk!!: 09-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #41
mystrdat

Ask him. http://steamcommunity.com/id/legend768
mystrdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #42
PurSpyk!!

Link does not work, suppose true to form.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #43
Cosinus P. W.

Looks like J. Davis is working on yet another title.

Last edited by Cosinus P. W.: 08-13-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Cosinus P. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #44
GamerOnline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosinus P. W. View Post
Looks like J. Davis is working on yet another title.
I wonder if these are the same two guys (Shorebound Studios) from Flashcube Studios.

Perhaps their old studio name was too controversial? Although I suspect it may have been changed for financial/legal reasons. Chances are their past will end up haunting them, one way or another no matter how they try to bury or change it. I remain highly skeptical of this new financial venture.

Last edited by GamerOnline: 08-17-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Clarified a bit of reasoning.
GamerOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #45
Cosinus P. W.

Relevant.
Cosinus P. W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spectraball