Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkspore

Old 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
eddyisatrip

And I thought it's all over for great ARPG's! All hail Darkspore, your new overlord.

The last ARPG I played was Dungeon Siege 3, and I have to say that it pales in comparison to Darkspore. Just want to say that you guys got another convert.

Maxis you need to advertise this game, I have not seen a single ad for it anywhere!

If you are interested in an awesome action RPG, with superb combat and multiplayer, great customization, lots of loot, a sweet risk - reward system and being rewarded for exploring, don't delay. Just buy the game!

Good job Maxis!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
JoeKnowMo

I agree wholeheartedly. This has given my ARPG jones the fix it needed.

With promised patches and more features on the way, things should get even better. The game needs more advertising and more sales to get more people to realize what they're missing.
JoeKnowMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Lexinator

Add +1 to this. I was really looking for another clicky RPG after Sacred 2 but before Diablo 3, and Torchlight wasn't cutting it any more.

I also hated the DS3 demo so I am very thankful I found Darkspore. The game is fun and places more emphasis on action and character customization than a lot of the other games of its type.

With a better story, better matchmaking, and more advertising, I am sure the game would take off even more.

Now we just need new heroes, items, a trade system, and even more customization options, and I would be even happier.
Lexinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Mercarcher

Banned
The game itself is a big flop. It is a terrible idea implimented poorly with no staying power. Unfortunantly Diablo 2 which came out 11 years previous has a much better and more advanced item, leveling, stat, and pvp systems. Darkspore is everything wrong with dungeon crawlers and EA in general.
Mercarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
mgd40

the low levels are FUN. sadly to rain on your parade the higher levels add combos in a pathetic attempt to make the game "difficult". not trying to be a bummer just i remember how much i love and want to enjoy the game. remember how you feel and cherish it. it wont last long.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #6
Lexinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgd40 View Post
the low levels are FUN. sadly to rain on your parade the higher levels add combos in a pathetic attempt to make the game "difficult". not trying to be a bummer just i remember how much i love and want to enjoy the game. remember how you feel and cherish it. it wont last long.
Well, I'm still having fun, but I only play 1-2 games a week now. Too buys re-playing Deus Ex HR (epic game), Space Marine (another epic game) and waiting on Diablo 3. /drool.

But the game is still active and I am still having fun. I have a few guys I run with and we don't even bother with finding others anymore. As soon as I log on, I have about 20 invites, with people that are lootwho.... crazy and game all the time.
Lexinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
spyrochaete

I had fun with the Darkspore beta (especially pick-up group co-op multiplayer) but it didn't coerce me to buy.

What's this about ARPGs being dead though? Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest, Torchlight, and Diablo are all still great and all have sequels out or on the horizon (with Titan Quest's team working on another ARPG). There aren't a ton of ARPGs out there but these are absolutely shining examples that the genre still has legs. Personally I like all those games better than Darkspore but Maxis took a lot of gutsy and creative chances so I admire them for that.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Involution

It's a fantastic time for ARPGs, I agree. And you left out Path of Exile, which promises a lot in terms of both sticking to tradition and yet finding areas to innovate. Also, Hellgate: London has been revived on the US shores by its Korean purchasers. Really unusual to have such a large offer within a year (not even in the golden times!).
Involution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyisatrip View Post
Maxis you need to advertise this game, I have not seen a single ad for it anywhere!
this game died on the vine cuz it had poor (internal) support and even worse design from day one. lack of understanding of what separates a "meh" RPG(/game) from a great RPG(/game). and of course the icky, icky EA "u must pay extra to get 100% of the content" thing going on. :eww:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyisatrip View Post
If you are interested in an awesome action RPG, with superb combat and multiplayer, great customization, lots of loot, a sweet risk - reward system and being rewarded for exploring
I dunno about all that but the risk-reward thing is cool. more games should have stuff like it.
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
hailey

I thought it had good ideas, I don't know why more effort wasnt put into it. The PVP especially could have had so much going for it but they just did nothing
hailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkspore