Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Ancients of Ooga

Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
whitelder

Unhappy Catapult Problem Level 10

I dont have the dexterity to quickly change from Red to Green, is there another way to do this, have JUST purchased the game and dont want to give up on it already. Or can someone help me with it? I looked on youtube and found a person who has done the level, the Green for him does not hit the wall, he lands on the other side of the water...Please help...
Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
whitelder

Please watch from 4 mins 12, how is this possible? when he did not stop recording and did not change from red to green?

http://youtu.be/ser548vUGLg
whitelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
Captain Jax

Wahoo Studios
This is probably due to a frame rate issue. You shouldn't have to switch ooganis to make it across the water. I would suggest turning down the graphics to the lowest resolution and trying again. Let me know if that works for you.
Captain Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
whitelder

How do I turn down the graphics, all I get in the settings menu is
http://prntscr.com/534ge

and these http://prntscr.com/534gv http://prntscr.com/534he

I donwloaded this directly from Steam 02/01/2012

Edit: Lowest resolution is 640 x 480...will test

Edit: He still hits the wall and falls in the water and is promtly chomped by the fish

Last edited by whitelder: 01-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Captain Jax

Wahoo Studios
Hrm...I'm not sure what else might help. Does your computer fit the recommended system requirements? QA has suggested that you might try using an Xbox controller rather than a mouse and keyboard for problems of switching Ooganis quicker, but I don't think that is the issue here. As you mentioned, in the video the player does not do anything with the Green Oogani, it simply makes it across the water from the catapult launch, which is why I think it is a frame rate issue, as the game timing relies heavily on FR.

For additional help on changing resolutions see this thread I just posted today:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2471437
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
whitelder

It overfits the requirments, I do not want to have to purchase an XBox controller for one game! and I am useless at said controller anyway, it comes back to the dexterity issue! The only two resolutions that are offered using the packaged settings editor is 640x480 or 1280x720 with a check box for full screen, how do you change the frame rate? These are my specs:
Nividia GeForce GT 220
Windows XP Home SP3
1980MB RAM
Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
It RUNS the game very well, however this one point, a crucial point to continue the game, it will not let me continue, is there anything else you can suggest or do?
Should I contact Steam or someone from Bacon Wrapped Games and see if they can assist me? I love the game, but its causing too many issues.

OK: read the official forum, am not the only one that is having trouble, DO I need to get the green over the water, can I just use the red to continue or do I HAVE to sacrifice the green to get the guiser working to boost the red to the upper platform...

Last edited by whitelder: 01-09-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Captain Jax

Wahoo Studios
Thanks for pointing out that forum to me. Odd that they had to switch over to save the Oogani, but the person in the youtube film didn't. Well, there is another thing I can suggest. Find the file called "gameInstanceSetup.ini" in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ancients of ooga\data" (that's the default, if you installed Steam elsewhere then it would be where you installed it). Open this up with any text editor, notepad works fine. Change the resolution to match your monitors max resolution, and make sure that "fullscreen=1", not 0.

The reason I'm suggesting this even though it seems to go against previous suggestion of lowering settings, is again because of framerate. We have had rare issues of frame rates that are too high also causing issues, but there should be a frame rate cap to counter this. However, perhaps in this one case it is still an issue.

As far as contacting Steam, I don't think there's anything they could really do in this case. As far as contacting Bacon Wrapped, I am in direct contact with them, and have already questioned them about this issue. It was their QA that suggest the Xbox controller as a way of making it easier to switch between Ooganis. As far as I can see, getting the green across is essential.

I really hope we can find a way to help you past this part, I feel really bad that this is being a problem. Let me know if changing to the higher resolution helps.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
whitelder

Well I tried it, it still didnt work
Old 01-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Captain Jax

Wahoo Studios
Just to be sure, when changing between Ooganis you press Z or X. In this case if you press Z twice quickly, it should take you to the green one. Then pressing space will enter it's body. So when you pull the switch, press Z, Z, Spacebar. Does this work for you?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
whitelder

omg I got it!!!! had to do the changes with the screen resolution and full screen etc, but I got it thank you for all your help, will reopen this if I have any more issues!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Captain Jax

Wahoo Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelder View Post
omg I got it!!!! had to do the changes with the screen resolution and full screen etc, but I got it thank you for all your help, will reopen this if I have any more issues!
Glad to hear it! And always happy to help.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
whitelder

I tell ya, this game could do with a walk-through...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
Jalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelder View Post
I tell ya, this game could do with a walk-through...
Amen. Or at the very least a little bit more in-depth explanation toward the mechanics. What's there acts as a general primer well enough but some stuff will still present as a head-scratcher.

I remember getting stuck on this level to the point of having to restart it.

I eventually accomplished the goal by having the freed red grab the fruit and fling it across the water gap to the side where the catapult resided. Then I had the green grab the fruit and place it in his mouth, then proceeded to situate him onto the catapult. From there, I swapped over to the red and hit the lever.

I don't know if it was blind luck/chance it worked or if placing the fruit in the mouth of the green weighed him down enough so that the fling wouldn't end up going high enough to plaster him onto the ledge and plummeting into the water. Either way, I was glad to move beyond that level.
Jalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
TheKorn3

The only way to fix this is to while you're in mid air switch to the green guy and do a double-jump to the level above while you're being catapulted. EVERYTHING ELSE results in you being in the water. This is a really bad bug.

(Already using an xbox controller, frame rate is stupid gooey smooth even at 2560x1440, more than enough cpu and gpu power to kill a horse, tried going all the way down to 640x480, tried fullscreeen, NOTHING works except glitching the game as above.)
TheKorn3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Ancients of Ooga