Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ship Simulator Extremes

Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
jojimbo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brataccas View Post
and you didnt even say why
check out this thread...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1445525
jojimbo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
simon_brown75

I'd rather know if the game is actually any good than whether it fits your definition of what a simulator is. For instance, is it still buggy, does it play decently, is there enough missions to be worth £5 etc.
simon_brown75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
AmphibiousKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xe1887 View Post
Very tastless of steam to put this up based on recent event.
Oh so I guess if a giant group of nomad hedgehogs all of a sudden died and the rest were on the verge of extinction, then the current Sonic sale would be tasteless as well?
AmphibiousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
ChunkyBitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmphibiousKitty View Post
Oh so I guess if a giant group of nomad hedgehogs all of a sudden died[...]
Actually, I think that would mean "The McRib is back for a limited time only!"
ChunkyBitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
XxaP

If any good is to come out of events like the sinking of this cruise ship, it's people training to be better at their jobs and taking their chosen responsibilities more seriously.
Games like this are a great help.
There are firefighting games when people die in fires, commercial pilot sims when people die in planes, police, army, cityworks, rollercoaster building.. all life or death scenarios.
When events like this occur, and people's response is to go and train online to do things properly the next time.. what exactly is the critism? How would you suggest we better right our past mistakes?
If the people accepting these jobs are half as interested in their professions as gamers are we should have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by XxaP: 01-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
XxaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #21
Jamespond002

I bought it, and might even buy a 2nd copy before sale is over as i think its something i my father will play.

Only played the tutoriual so far but its more or less what i expected so far.

If we can do MP and do misions in at least some decent sized maps i might play thisa with him, but something ill play by myself, ive go tons better
games not even started yet.

It not highly polished and is basic but it seems to work fine and is what it says it so far as i can see.
Jamespond002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
decco

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_brown75 View Post
I'd rather know if the game is actually any good than whether it fits your definition of what a simulator is. For instance, is it still buggy, does it play decently, is there enough missions to be worth £5 etc.
For some reason there are no weather effects in my game, non of the extra graphic options such as characters and animals do anything. You cannot run into a lot of the objects you see or even the terrain for that matter. Driving the rowboat (or any small boat) in hurricane conditions is laughable; I was able to do a quadruple back-flip and land it. Sometimes I would get sucked underwater and the camera would flip out, resulting in me getting rocketed out of the water doing some insane stunts.

If doing missions and driving larger boats the game handles it a bit better, nothing really crazy will happen.
decco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #23
Jockel

Deal of the day.... Yes we can play ferry in Italy.... perhaps a week earlier
Jockel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
92Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brataccas View Post
political correctness gone to peoples heads? lol...... yet theres countless ww2 games where 60 million people died and noone complains
Same as my point. And besides, if anything a game like this lets people nurture a healthy respect for the skill and complexity of navigation.
92Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #25
Costlyspider

To many off topic posts about current events. Not what was asked. Debate when its in bad taste to put up games in another thread. Is the sim much better now. IM not much on the score. Because so much of that is your own taste. But games or sims with a score of 49 tend do to blow.
Costlyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
92Hotel

Sorry spider, it's too late. The thread got too close to the rocks and she's listing heavily, taking on water!
92Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #27
Sheiky

As a former adventurer who took an arrow to the knee, I find Skyrim's treatment of palace guards to be in very poor taste.

(Sorry, somebody had to do it.)
Sheiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #28
Inquisitioner

Seriously, make a new thread and speak all you want about Italy. Keep this thread about the game itself.. At least while the daily deal lasts.
Inquisitioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #29
simon_brown75

Quote:
Originally Posted by decco View Post
For some reason there are no weather effects in my game, non of the extra graphic options such as characters and animals do anything. You cannot run into a lot of the objects you see or even the terrain for that matter. Driving the rowboat (or any small boat) in hurricane conditions is laughable; I was able to do a quadruple back-flip and land it. Sometimes I would get sucked underwater and the camera would flip out, resulting in me getting rocketed out of the water doing some insane stunts.

If doing missions and driving larger boats the game handles it a bit better, nothing really crazy will happen.
Thanks, think I'll skip it. Got enough other stuff to play.
simon_brown75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ship Simulator Extremes