Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Choplifter HD

Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
selfatvi

inXile Entertainment
General F.A.Q

If you are having issues running the game or customer support needs, please read the Customer Support FAQ sticky.

Does the game support Cloud Saving?
It is a good suggestion and we did consider it. The problem with doing cloud support was in how we automatically handle your saved game. We didn't want a save/load interface for the player to deal with and didn't want to sacrifice the "pick up and play" nature. Because of this cloud support becomes an issue with keeping your game synced up with online storage. If you run into a situation where you're not connected to the internet, we didn't want you to lose your save game, etc.

When does the game save?
The game saves when you complete a mission or when you fail a mission. Quitting out mid mission will not save your progress.

Is there a demo? Why is there no demo?
There is no current demo for Choplifter HD on Steam. We are considering adding a demo but hope that the positive reviews so far speak for the game and people will give it a try none the less.

Does the game support a gamepad
Yes. Please keep in mind that with the amount of controllers on the market there is no possible way for us to test with everyone. We do our best to support as many as we can but there are bound to be controllers which under extreme circumstances do not work. However, we will do what we can to assist you.

Will there be DLC?
Yes!!! Ohh yes!!! Please stay tuned for more info on the upcoming Free! DLC pack.

Can you remap the keys?
Yes, in the Steam version of the game you can remap the keys

How do I unlock Hardcore Mode?
Hardcore if only available once you beat the game for all missions.

How do I unlock Survival Mode?
Survival mode is available on any level which you have first beaten in on Hardcore.

I am having great difficulty beating this level
If you are having difficulty beating a level remember you can always go back and go for 5 stars on a previous level. Earning more stars may help in unlocking a new helicopter which will have upgrades you can use to assist you. Every Helicopter unlocked will be better than the previous within that class.

Last edited by selfatvi: 01-15-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
gimpymoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfatvi View Post
[b]
Does the game support Cloud Saving?
It is a good suggestion and we did consider it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpymoo View Post
Many games utilise cloud without the need for a "save interface", it is just automatic.

Most games also save locally and sync to the cloud when you exit the game so even if you do go "offline", yo still have your local save

Even if the sync fails, the next time you load up the game and exit, it will do it again.
PLEASE consider it again.

The majority of Steam users just want Cloud support. With all respect, the reasons you give are just not valid as many games utilise local saves AND cloud support. WIN WIN.

Add Cloud support and I love you long time
gimpymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
AZeroEight

Angry

Just realized the game progress is local to a machine, but I would like to play the game on my big screen and sometimes on my standard PC - please integrate Cloud support. I like the suggestion of syncing the status when you exit the game.
AZeroEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Astral_Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfatvi View Post
Does the game support a gamepad
Yes. Please keep in mind that with the amount of controllers on the market there is no possible way for us to test with everyone. We do our best to support as many as we can but there are bound to be controllers which under extreme circumstances do not work. However, we will do what we can to assist you.
I would like to point out that the game seems to be especially configured for an xbox360 controller. I was trying to play this with a Logitech Dual Action, and the button mapping was all messed up and the Y-Axis was backwards to the 360 pad. I have both, this is how i know. If you have a 360 pad you will be fine, if you dont you might want to look into getting a profile so that you can map the keyboard defaults to your gamepad buttons.
Astral_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Choplifter HD