Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ship Simulator Extremes

Old 09-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
AtomicFlx

Keyboard Commands?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better keyboard mapping than the default? I can't seem to handle the azi drives very well as I can't rotate the pods independently with the default setup and the mouse is just not an option. What keyboard maps have worked well for you? perhaps a right and left hand control?

I've also been looking into building an Arduino powered control panel with proper azi controls. Does anyone have any experience with doing this?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Mirabilis

First, set it to precision steering if you are using keys.

Beyond that, there is little you can do for the keyboard. Always learn the 'reset' button for steering as the wheel never goes back into its central position no matter how you try. No remapping of keys will ever make the input method of this game any better.

Other controls may improve things, but I'd not hold your breath. The input system of this game is frankly appalling which is one of the reasons its so unplayable. I can put up with clipping and poor textures, but bad input control is unacceptable.
Mirabilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
FootplateManWSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabilis View Post
First, set it to precision steering if you are using keys.

Beyond that, there is little you can do for the keyboard. Always learn the 'reset' button for steering as the wheel never goes back into its central position no matter how you try. No remapping of keys will ever make the input method of this game any better.

Other controls may improve things, but I'd not hold your breath. The input system of this game is frankly appalling which is one of the reasons its so unplayable. I can put up with clipping and poor textures, but bad input control is unacceptable.
I just bought this on 'special'. It's about what I expected.
The best thing I have done for it, is to assign some XBox 360 Wireless Controller inputs to it. Doesn't do away with the keyboard completely but works pretty well.
I have other problems with the simulation.
FootplateManWSR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ship Simulator Extremes