Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins

Old 01-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Izjeen

Can't get effects of weapons

don't know how but i can no longer get effects showing on enchanted weapons e.g. lightening or fire. any help?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #2
moonshire

Could it be perhaps because of a mod that you installed? I do know of one mod that changes morrigan's hair that also bundles in with other effects such as removing the FX of enchan tment on weapons
moonshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Izjeen

none which remove the FX, though maybe improved atmopshere mod might do it?
Izjeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Aemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izjeen View Post
none which remove the FX, though maybe improved atmopshere mod might do it?
http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=577

Quote:
Weapon VFX (fire, cold, poison, and spirit blade coatings) will now properly show if "5.3. Weapon VFX Remover" is not installed.
See to it that you have the latest version available and that you haven't installed the "5.3. Weapon VFX Remover" submod.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
Izjeen

yeh i habe the latest version, i think, the fix has worked sorta but still can't see the other rune effects other than lightening and cold. i.e. hale and cold iron etc (or do they even have effects) also when coupled together i can only see the effect of the lightening rune regardless of having a cold rune in the weapon aswell
Old 01-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
Aemony

Quote:
yeh i habe the latest version, i think, the fix has worked sorta but still can't see the other rune effects other than lightening and cold. i.e. hale and cold iron etc (or do they even have effects)
I'm not sure as it was a time since I last played the game... I'm at least sure that there should be a fire effect of some kind.

Quote:
also when coupled together i can only see the effect of the lightening rune regardless of having a cold rune in the weapon aswell
This is by design, if I remember it correctly. Only one enchantment effect will be visible around your weapon because otherwise conflicting effects could produce weird results.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Izjeen

i swear each enchantment showed up for a 2 sec animation and was replaced by the other? hmmm do the cold iron/dweomer runes have a weapon fx (all those apart from cold/fire and lightening)?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins