Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gundemonium Collection

Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
blackhydra866

Hitogata Happa

is WAY too hard.. i don't understand it. i can do fairly well in other bullet hell shmups but this game just takes it too far to the point of not even being fun. i can't even beat the FIRST LEVEL on BEGINNER. one of the main reasons being that after you die you get barely a half second of invulnerability, so even on the first boss if you die you're going to get swiped and lose another life. how cheap. and the fight itself is something that takes way, way too long for something that is on a beginner difficulty.

what a shame, at least the other games in the collection were fun.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Jeffrey0

Happa is a fairly unique game. I suggest reading the manual, for sure (or at least page 9).

The short version of it is that you have to actively run into enemies when your flow gauge is full, exploding and dealing massive damage.
Jeffrey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
blackhydra866

well thanks i guess. how would i have known? perhaps there should be a big "IF YOU DON'T READ THE MANUAL THIS GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE" screen after you begin the game. there's not even a tutorial of any kind, you're just thrown in expecting to know everything beforehand.
blackhydra866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Jefafafafafa

HOW DO I USE THE BOMB ATTACK I MANAGED TO DESTROY THE FIRST BOSSES (removinge caps lock cause im )arm just before time runs out but i think i can do better if i was able to use the bomb thing (i read the manuel and i didnt see anything about bomb moves)
Jefafafafafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Jeffrey0

You simply run into an enemy when your flow meter is full, making sure not to die from bullets in the process.

Yes, this takes a life away; that's where Hitogata Happa is unique.
Jeffrey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
seanj

Read this, it made me feel a little better, and less postal:

http://gamesugar.net/2011/09/25/how-...itogata-happa/
seanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Froh

I had the same problem but then I found the tricks (thx to forums). This game is in' great. I really love it. I'm not a hardcore schmup player (even if I like playing them) so I'm rather bad, but this mechanic is BRILLANT.
Froh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
TubeSockWarrior

I like the other 2 games in the collection but I outright hate HH. I'm not that good at shooters anyway (though I still like them) but HH's gameplay mechanic where you have to plan to sacrifice a few of your "lives" each round to weaken the bosses as well as the stupid boss timer just sucks the fun out of playing it.
TubeSockWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
Holy-chan

Rockin' Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeSockWarrior View Post
I like the other 2 games in the collection but I outright hate HH. I'm not that good at shooters anyway (though I still like them) but HH's gameplay mechanic where you have to plan to sacrifice a few of your "lives" each round to weaken the bosses as well as the stupid boss timer just sucks the fun out of playing it.
Keep in mind that only the first boss (and the secret final boss) require to be bombed to win before timing out, and you have infinite Leaf dolls on Euridice difficulty for that stage. Every other boss can be beaten through sheer damage with other, more powerful dolls.

Use Leaf's mana action to slow down time when you are ready to go for the bombing to navigate through projectiles with ease. When a boss has a circle (shield) around themselves, you will die if you try to collide with that part, so try to collide on Avalone's arms (not their claws) instead. After two bombings, both arms will be destroyed and the main body's shield will be gone, and it will enter a different pattern. You can go on top of the screen and the boss will not hit you because it keeps firing downwards, and wait until you are ready to bomb again and it will fall very quickly.

It takes a little bit of practice to understand bombing, but each bombing is rewarded with 400 gems at the end of the stage, which, early on, can be worth several lower end dolls (Leaf or Clover for instance), or one higher end regular doll (Sikkim, etc), so it's not all lost. Not to mention that bombing a boss makes it go down much faster, and defeating a boss with more time left on the timer is also rewarded with more gems.

Don't give up on the game yet.

Last edited by Holy-chan: 01-20-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Holy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
TubeSockWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy-chan View Post
Use Leaf's mana action to slow down time when you are ready to go for the bombing to navigate through projectiles with ease.

Don't give up on the game yet.
Oh my god! I forgot about the spells! No WONDER I couldn't get anywhere, I was trying to strait up shoot my way through the stages! Well then I can't blame the game for my own stupidity, I'll have to give it another chance!
TubeSockWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gundemonium Collection