Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RACE series

Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
cash85

Race 07 controller vibration

Hi all,

i just bought Race 07 and a Xbox 360 controller... works very well but i've got no vibration... i read somewhere that maybe i need "xbcd drivers" to get vibration. Do you know where to download this drivers and, most important, if they automatically bring vibration to my controller playing the game?

Thanks you!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
cash85

Ok, solved. Downloaded xbcd drivers and activated force feedback from controller options menu.
cash85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
ferrarinews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash85 View Post
Ok, solved. Downloaded xbcd drivers and activated force feedback from controller options menu.
I do the download of XBCD 1.7 but the program dont detect the xbox360 controller.
I have Windows 7 - 64Bits
ferrarinews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
stinkytaco

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarinews View Post
I do the download of XBCD 1.7 but the program dont detect the xbox360 controller.
I have Windows 7 - 64Bits
Yes those are 32bit drivers, it will blue screen your system if you attempt to force them on your xbox controller.

I am really upset about this, I bought the entire package of the race 07 series, and none work with the force feedback

I feel cheated, I wish i could get my $80 back.
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
forerodestim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash85 View Post
Is there a way to activate vibration in XBOX360 Pad for Pc without having to download and install that "xbcd" unofficial drivers? TX
forerodestim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
stinkytaco

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by forerodestim View Post
Is there a way to activate vibration in XBOX360 Pad for Pc without having to download and install that "xbcd" unofficial drivers? TX
Yes, Get ahold of the Tech support , and complain. This is the only thing we can do at this point. They have an Email address, and a phone number on the official site.

Be sure you check the controller settings first though, on the bottom right click on the Advanced button, then in the same spot there will be a force feedback button in the next menu. Push that, and make your new profile.

If it does not work after that, you are SOL just like me and a few others. All you can do is call tech support, or email them and complain.

Probably wont help anything though , one of the company reps posted here that he verified the error. And then said nothing about resolving the issue.

I am going to get Steam to refund me for this one. I wasted $80 buying all the expansions after trying the free demo of RaceRoom and seeing all my hardware working.
Then after i buy everything I come to find out that they have pretty much abandoned supporting this game, and their customers.

Do not expect much from tech support, they are polite, and clueless, and they will assure you that the proper people will be notifyed. Bawww Haaa Haaaa haaa.. Real funny.

I want my money back.

Last edited by stinkytaco: 02-28-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
Jani666

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytaco View Post

I want my money back.
This is an old game and you have to realise that the rumble for the xbox controller is not supported.
If you have a logitech rumble pad or something similar rumble will work.
Live with that and stop posting this in every thread.
Jani666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
stinkytaco

Banned
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani666 View Post
This is an old game and you have to realise that the rumble for the xbox controller is not supported.
If you have a logitech rumble pad or something similar rumble will work.
Live with that and stop posting this in every thread.
It works for some people, just not others.

They leached $80 out of me, I have only posted $5 worth of my thoughts on this. $75 more to go.

It took me a long time to make that $80, I am going to spend an equal amount of time and effort warning people about this.

Race-room demo, everything works AWESOME!! the commercial game... Unsupported, Unloved, and Unwanted.

This is deception at its lowest level. I am not going to just sit back and take it. They are ripping off kids, not just adults like me. People need to be warned about this "Bait them, then switch" tactic. They need to fix race 07, or disable some of the hardware in raceroom to stop this deception.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Jani666

When Race07 was developed and released there was no xbox controller for PC.
They could not support something which was not existent.

You can complain at Microsoft why they use a different driver than any other controller, if this weren´t the case the rumble for the xbox controller would work too.

There may be a workaround with other drivers, you can try that.

Race Room the Game is a new game so the xbox controller is fully supported.

I am sorry, but I can´t understand why this is so difficult to understand.
Jani666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
forerodestim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani666 View Post
When Race07 was developed and released there was no xbox controller for PC.
They could not support something which was not existent.

You can complain at Microsoft why they use a different driver than any other controller, if this weren´t the case the rumble for the xbox controller would work too.

There may be a workaround with other drivers, you can try that.

Race Room the Game is a new game so the xbox controller is fully supported.

I am sorry, but I can´t understand why this is so difficult to understand.
ERROR. You are wrong.
I bought my corded XBOX360 Controller For Windows in 2006.
forerodestim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
stinkytaco

Banned
Yeah, you dont even need "for windows" part either, you can just go to gamestop and buy a used corded (USB) controller for $5-10, and plug it right in. Windows 7 and vista have the drivers already installed.

Windows XP will pull the drivers from the onboard memory, and install temp drivers until you run windows update again. Then it will get the full version. You can also download the drivers from M$ They have a version 1.2 out that addresses some issues.

Well, anyway, long story short, the controllers have been around since the release of the xbox360. (2005?)

The only difference from the Xbox controller is that you get a M$ windows logo printed on the box, and you get a driver 1.1 CD with some of the first releases.

The windows cordless controllers are the ones you have to watch out for. They have some really bad lag issues with some games.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
pmanpman

they don't work for me on win7 32 bit
pmanpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #13
meansalt

RaceRoom The Game 2 made by simbin, the vibration works with a xbox 360 wireless controller but not with Race 07 whats the deal here?
meansalt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RACE series