Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2

Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
master_miguel

King of Shadows

Possible spoilers for those who haven't completed the campaign yet so read at your own risk.

I am at the last battle with the king of shadows, I went through the first two phases, killed all the statues and the portal in the third phase, the king of shadows is near death and then went friendly. I can't attack him or hit him with any kind of aoe spell. Only option I have upon right clicking him is talk or examine, when I examine him it shows me that he is now friendly. Now I am stuck with nothing happening he is just standing in the middle of the room and I can rest just like everything is fine.

Anyway around this or is resorting to and earlier save my only option?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
master_miguel

Was finally able to complete the encounter, and hence campaign, but from my experience the final two battles are a little buggy.

I reloaded my save after Garius and attempted the fight again only to crash to desktop, I loaded that same save up again and at the end the King of Shadows turned friendly again! Luckily it auto saves before Garius so I loaded that save up, played somewhat poorly and had Khelgar plus my main character as the only two characters alive fighting Garius. Not sure if I did something wrong in the fight but Garius would port to the portal and heal himself everytime he dropped into badly injured or near death, I beat on him for about ten minutes without being able to kill him due to him constantly healing.

Fifth time is the charm it seems, I loaded up the auto save before Garius again, cruised through the whole battle with most of my party alive, and defeated the King of Shadows and was treated to the epilogue.

Long story short the ending seems a little buggy, if you're having issues like I did don't give and save often and you will get it.

P.S. Whoever they found to narrate the epilogue does a very poor job, makes the ending of the game even worse imo.
master_miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
NWN DM

Do you have anything in your override folder?

I've not heard of problems like this before; just wondering if you might have some kind of conflict.
NWN DM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2