Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Old 01-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Sacre85

Worth it just for coop?

$15 on GMG ( http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/...-in-the-north/ ) activates on Steam.

Wondering if it's worth $30 for the fiancee and I to coop.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Foxrun

Im playing sp, and I think its great. So coop has got to be even better
Foxrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
jpnole

It would be awesome for coop if you have friends willing to play it with you. As it stands, no one is playing it online. Games that aren't immediately supported by their devs tend to have their player bases dry up quickly. Plus you factor in Skyrim and SWTOR and that leaves no one left to play. That said I like the game very much!
jpnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
HorrorScope

There is a possible out of synch saving bug you may hit. Which means you have to replay or restart the game entirely. I stopped playing when I was one who had to start over about 1/2 way through.
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
C'estCookz

It's worth it if you're both using nVidia GPUs, or ATI cards pre-5xxx series.

But either way, if you have a fiancée willing to play LOTR with you, she's a keeper.
C'estCookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
ryanl2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacre85 View Post
$15 on GMG ( http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/...-in-the-north/ ) activates on Steam.

Wondering if it's worth $30 for the fiancee and I to coop.
I don't know if you picked it up yet, but I grabbed 2 copies a couple of days ago to play it with my wife. Sorry that I can't comment on the coop since we didn't get a chance to play together yet, but I had a chance to play it for a few hours by myself and I don't think that the game is anything to write home about. It's not terrible, but it's basically just a button mashing contest and not too many RPG elements. This game is very linear and reminds me of Overlord or something. One game that's been on sale a lot lately here and on amazon is Dead Island (also activates on Steam). We've been playing it here and there and it's pretty fun in coop. One thing to note is that to play coop in Dead Island you both have to be in the same area and at the same level to team up. I'm not too sure how LOR works and if someone can just jump right in where ever you are in the game. I hope that it's like that because it doesn't seem like there's multiple save slots like in Dead Island. Just thought that I would throw my 2 cents in there because I know how hard it is to find a decent coop game.

Edit: Looks like it's still on sale at GMG for anyone who is still interested in it.

Last edited by ryanl2299: 01-03-2012 at 11:21 PM.
ryanl2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
H4wkeye998

I'd say for 15$ it's very much worth it. It's quite fun in co-op.
H4wkeye998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #8
RevolverAce

Coop is great, having lots of fun. I think im having just as much fun as i did with Portal 2 coop. Altough portal 2 is the better game.
RevolverAce is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings: War in the North