Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Shooter series

Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #106
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinwai View Post
http://www.sigma-team.net/forum/view...=5&t=1885#wrap

He posted this 5 years ago, so he is almost 70 years old. Don't let grandpa run your boards, guys
I don't believe a word of what that guy says.

I believe if he were 64 at that time, regardless of his nationality, he would have better English skills than he expresses.

Also, it worries me that Sigma Team "let" him behave in such a way. If that truly is an official forum, then they're absolutely responsible (both legally and morally) for it. If it isn't, then why haven't they done something about it, in regard a simple "cease and desist" order?

Some of his statements about saying Sigma Team aren't responsible for Steam sales/support is absolutely wrong. They have legal right to the game, they sell it here, they are responsible.

What I will say is that I'm going to be watching this closely from here on in. If anybody has any queries or doesn't get any service from them, please do feel free to drop me a line.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #107
Bypass

What is the point of having a forum where the damn moderator locks every single thread. Waste of bandwidth.

Hell, even their newest game. Not a single unlocked thread. Its ridiculous. I can't imagine that they would give mod powers to someone and tell them to "lock every thread". Again that would be a total waste of bandwidth.
Bypass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #108
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bypass View Post
What is the point of having a forum where the damn moderator locks every single thread. Waste of bandwidth.

Hell, even their newest game. Not a single unlocked thread. Its ridiculous. I can't imagine that they would give mod powers to someone and tell them to "lock every thread". Again that would be a total waste of bandwidth.
I do wonder whether that truly is official in such a case, and if not, why on earth Sigma haven't done something about him?

It's unacceptable either way.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #109
porkshanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyfrog555 View Post
I do wonder whether that truly is official in such a case, and if not, why on earth Sigma haven't done something about him?

It's unacceptable either way.
Unfortunately, that really is the official forum. Check out the main page of Sigma Team's official website:

http://www.sigma-team.net/

Click on "Forum" at the top and it takes you to the official forum. Haha

That moderator is on a serious power trip. This thread brings back some nice memories. The mod there is something else.

The best lines he's ever written are saying that Steam sells pirated copies of Sigma Team games. Not in those words but he pretty much said Steam is not legit nor are the games sold here.

Nice.
porkshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 AM   #110
quodlibet79

I don't think he's French. His location says YUL, which is the airport code for Montreal.
quodlibet79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #111
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by quodlibet79 View Post
I don't think he's French. His location says YUL, which is the airport code for Montreal.
Airport codes aren't used in locations, as I doubt there are many people who physically live IN airports :P

I'm unsure what YUL refers to (as I'd noticed that too). All I can think of is that was one shortened form of Yugoslavia, which of course, no longer exists.

If that is the case, then I'd say that's even more reason to ignore this malcontented idiot.

I truly cannot believe ANY developer - whether small, or large would ever want someone like that associated with them.

For one, I reiterate I am not buying any more games from them, as I can't support anybody who supports that sort of behaviour as the only form of support.

It's disgraceful.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #112
Fail X

Oh boy, I had some good laughs reading this thread. Unfortunately spambots took over the sigma forum.
About the mod's origin: in one post he says something like "over here in North America". I don't suppose he's from the US . So the french-speaking part of Canada is the best guess.
Fail X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #113
K E V 1 N

Oh God, that's hilarious.
I take it he doesn't mod there anymore since the forum is filled with nothing but spambots.

Won't be buying any of their games. They can't even take care of their own official forum.
K E V 1 N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #114
Pezdispenser

Oddly enough, their forums being filled with bot spam is no worse than what it was before. Heck, you can actually reply to a thread now before it gets locked.
Pezdispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #115
92Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by K E V 1 N View Post
Won't be buying any of their games. They can't even take care of their own official forum.
Sigma sounds like a bad pony that I shouldn't bet on. Same thoughts.
92Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #116
jimrad1

Thanks gents for pointing this out. I was about to buy a few of the games but not with their attitude. Sorry, they pick their moderators, and whether they like it or not, they also represent their company. The fact they allow him/her to continue their disdain for their customers, then it says a lot about them, and why they dont deserve my dollars, or yours. Thanks again for pointing this out.

jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #117
waspleg

Banned
necro much?
waspleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #118
whitknight25

Well, it probably doesn't help that they aren't native English speaking people..(the Devs), and yeah their mods are horrible. They have sales ads running all over the place.
whitknight25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #119
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspleg View Post
necro much?
Probably, although in this case it's entirely relevant to necro this thread with a new game of theirs just popping up on the Steam Registry.

Anything that assist potential purchasers with some hard facts to help with such a decision is surely a good thing.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #120
Gir554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
I'm not a native english speaker either but I don't write like a 13-year kid like he does. Whoever is chosen as a forum moderator should give a damn about the main language spoken there.
That's an insult to 13-year olds you know.
Gir554 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Shooter series