Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Old 01-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #76
eNjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgreenman View Post
Thar's called Particle Ghost, and it is epic, though I prefer LG Orbifold myself.
I just love the song used for the credits in the first Half-Life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfPUtZqdV4
eNjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #77
Dizzenbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmao4ever View Post
it used to be like that, but not in Portal 2. there you only see lazyness like this, pipes ending in mid-air or floating without support or models overlapping each other, it's a real shame.

and expect it to get even worse in HL3 thanks to fail usage of func_instances which caused it in the first place.
Yes, because when playing a story ridden puzzle game, looking at every detail trying to critique an amazing developer makes you feel good.

Can you do ANY better?

No.

I'm seriously tired of all these members coming in from sites as the infamous site that starts with a 4 and reddit. We have ego-bursters, (pplz from Reddit always stating where they are from and acknowledging they can do better,) and the kids who have complete ignorance that constantly cite memes, ( the afore mentioned site that starts with 4.)

I'm tired of SPUF.
Dizzenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #78
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
it used to be like that, but not in Portal 2. there you only see lazyness like this, pipes ending in mid-air or floating without support or models overlapping each other, it's a real shame.

and expect it to get even worse in HL3 thanks to fail usage of func_instances which caused it in the first place.
Oh, ok. Then you should redesign Portal 2, and it must be perfect, in every single detail, if not, if there's a single modle overlapping another, you're as lazy as VALVE.

Seriously, do you think you can do their job better? If not, don't criticize them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzenbee View Post
Yes, because when playing a story ridden puzzle game, looking at every detail trying to critique an amazing developer makes you feel good.

Can you do ANY better?

No.

I'm seriously tired of all these members coming in from sites as the infamous site that starts with a 4 and reddit. We have ego-bursters, (pplz from Reddit always stating where they are from and acknowledging they can do better,) and the kids who have complete ignorance that constantly cite memes, ( the afore mentioned site that starts with 4.)

I'm tired of SPUF.
This man speaks the truth. +rep

Last edited by MartinKhan: 01-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #79
Enig.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzenbee View Post

Can you do ANY better?

No.

I'm tired of SPUF.
Truth, though you seem to have switched 4jawbone and Reddit around in that last paragraph.

+rep
Enig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #80
Sasso

Quote:

Go visit HL2. And come back to me about Portal 2.

P2 is Valve's most polished work to date. Say whatever you want about gameplay or story etc, the physical world you're in though, has never looked and felt better/solid than it has in Source before.
Sasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #81
Leushenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinKhan View Post
Seriously, do you think you can do their job better? If not, don't criticize them.
In this case, lmao4ever is being ridiculous... but you absolutely don't have to be able to make a game to criticize games, any more than film critics are all successful directors. "Can you do better?" is faulty logic: the quality of a hypothetical future game can't change the flaws or features of a currently-existing one from a different developer.
Leushenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #82
Sleepykins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leushenko View Post
In this case, lmao4ever is being ridiculous... but you absolutely don't have to be able to make a game to criticize games, any more than film critics are all successful directors. "Can you do better?" is faulty logic: the quality of a hypothetical future game can't change the flaws or features of a currently-existing one from a different developer.

It is more of the attitude related to posts than people actually expecting the people who criticize to be able to do a better job.

Quite often people will question Valve's game design in a pretty flawed manner without thinking about things from a development stand point, or even drawing a comparison to another developer that would emphasize their point. Basically a "Oh Valve is bad because I think so" type of statement, in comparison to a direct statement like " I felt that there was bad conveyance of the story here because the sound effects were too loud to hear the character dialogue."

Intellectual criticism is important.
Sleepykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two