Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SOL: Exodus

Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
XxanisX

Joystick Issue

Currently having a bit of a problem to try to set up my joystick. I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X. Now my throttle is set to Z Axis, and my Rudder control is the slider 0 axis. There is no Z Axis in the game options, so I cant use my throttle.
Is there a way to manually change this in a config file? Otherwise I have to use my rudder control, and that means I have to keep holding it down to fly forward at top speed =-[
Any help would be great!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Atomic Hamster

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and separate rudder pedals and knew my throttle wouldn't work as they are read as 2 different controllers and not many games read them.

No biggie as you don't really need to modulate your speed. Either full forward or matching speed in a dogfight and I have those mapped to buttons. I use the Q and E keys for my roll.
Atomic Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
XxanisX

My throttle controls is part of the controller, and all the buttons and everything work on it, its just there is no option for Z Axis, witch is a bit disappointing. =-[
XxanisX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Kelius

Seamless Entertainment
Hello! There's known problems with that specific joystick. I have that joystick sitting right next to me now, and these issues will be addressed in one of the first patches. No promises yet, but I hope that is before the end of next week. The support for joysticks will be much greater at that point, with far better axis mapping options. I hope you are able to enjoy the game in the mean time!
Kelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Wenzil-666

Any joystick recommendations for the game? I'm on the edge of ordering something and was thinking about the stick/throttle from the original post.
Wenzil-666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
XxanisX

I did have a Saitek Cyborb X laying around I tried it with, and I still had the same issue with getting the throttle set up. No Z axis.
I just cant win lol.
I hope a patch comes soon, I just bought my Thrustmaster lol.
Pretty good game regardless, I just feel dirty playing it with a mouse
XxanisX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
branflake12

+1 for the Hotas.x. We need a z axis. The rocker on the throttle handle needs to be mapped to yaw for this to be playable for me. Also, when trying to make this one work, i noticed that if i unmapeed the "throttle slider" (which was working) i can no longer get it back without restarting the game.

[Waits patiently]
branflake12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
Liquidmantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Hamster View Post
I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and separate rudder pedals and knew my throttle wouldn't work as they are read as 2 different controllers and not many games read them.
I have the same issue. You know you can use the Thrustmaster software to create a virtual joystick combining the stick and throttle, right?

Today I just bought another copy of SOL for my younger son and he has the same issue with the Z-axis on his HOTAS.X. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. With my 6 year-old I'm working on training the next generation of space sim enthusiasts!
Liquidmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
wkrnmtl

I think its time to sticky a joystick thread.
wkrnmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #10
kutte128

X-52 here, no throttle working.

I don't get it.
Is it really that hard to implement customizable controls?
Look at the Evochron Series: you can set every single axis,slider and knob.

I really wanted to play this game, but i fear it just ends like SF Rouge Universe which had exactly the same problems YEARS ago.
kutte128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
SpectralShade

using an old old wingman extreme joystick here. Not really any issues with the rudder here (aside me not bothering to calibrate it, so its lowest setting is just 'slow' rather than a full stop)
SpectralShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
bigfleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutte128 View Post
X-52 here, no throttle working.

I don't get it.
Is it really that hard to implement customizable controls?
Look at the Evochron Series: you can set every single axis,slider and knob.

I really wanted to play this game, but i fear it just ends like SF Rouge Universe which had exactly the same problems YEARS ago.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...6&postcount=10

It seems Saitek and Thrustmaster didn't care, kinda disappointing as I have an X52. The developer's seem to be trying their best though, so a little patience is in order I think.
bigfleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
Atomic Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidmantis View Post
I have the same issue. You know you can use the Thrustmaster software to create a virtual joystick combining the stick and throttle, right?

Today I just bought another copy of SOL for my younger son and he has the same issue with the Z-axis on his HOTAS.X. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. With my 6 year-old I'm working on training the next generation of space sim enthusiasts!
Do you know how to do this? I have been needing to do it for Jane's F/A-18 but have no idea how to do it as TARGET is not the easiest to use lol.

Be grateful if you could explain it?
Atomic Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SOL: Exodus