Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online

Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
Scribe81

What's funny about this complaint regarding heroes is I've experienced the exact opposite as a villian. I could be minding my own business just trying to find question marks and a group of heroes will just pop out of nowhere to destroy me. And if I happen to kill a hero who happens to get in my way while I'm looking for question marks, 9 times out of 10, that same hero will return with 2-5 buddies to kill me.

I do understand the frustration though. On the villian side, I've played probably 100'rs of hours and have yet to win more than 5 diamond/ring war's because we're so terrible at getting together to help in this. We're always outnumbered like 3-15 and always get hammered like crazy. Villians are a solitary bunch for the most part. It helps a bit to get into a guild, but even in the guild I'm in, there are still only like 10 that actively help out when a fellow guild mate is in need.
Scribe81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
NalgasDLemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe81 View Post
On the villian side, I've played probably 100'rs of hours and have yet to win more than 5 diamond/ring war's because we're so terrible at getting together to help in this.
Diamond Heist is rigged in the heroes' favor, because it's right next to their police station but halfway across the map from any of the villains' nightclubs. They almost always win that unless they just don't even bother to show up, because it's so quick and easy to get there, relatively.

Ring War is more evenly spaced between the two, so villains win the vast majority of the time in my experience, partly because the average skill level seems to be a little higher on their side in PVP when there are even numbers, and partly because there aren't usually even numbers because the heroes usually just farm the Diamond Heist for marks instead because they're almost guaranteed to win that one. At least 80% of the time villains hugely outnumber them at the Ring War and they don't stand a chance, because the exact opposite is going on at the same time at the Diamond Heist, with five heroes for every villain.

The moral of the story is that if you want to win as a villain, ignore Diamond Heists entirely and do Ring Wars. If you want easy marks as a hero, just do the Diamond Heists that are rigged in your favor.
NalgasDLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #18
Scribe81

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalgasDLemur View Post
Diamond Heist is rigged in the heroes' favor, because it's right next to their police station but halfway across the map from any of the villains' nightclubs. They almost always win that unless they just don't even bother to show up, because it's so quick and easy to get there, relatively.

Ring War is more evenly spaced between the two, so villains win the vast majority of the time in my experience, partly because the average skill level seems to be a little higher on their side in PVP when there are even numbers, and partly because there aren't usually even numbers because the heroes usually just farm the Diamond Heist for marks instead because they're almost guaranteed to win that one. At least 80% of the time villains hugely outnumber them at the Ring War and they don't stand a chance, because the exact opposite is going on at the same time at the Diamond Heist, with five heroes for every villain.

The moral of the story is that if you want to win as a villain, ignore Diamond Heists entirely and do Ring Wars. If you want easy marks as a hero, just do the Diamond Heists that are rigged in your favor.
Very true on Diamond Heist. I have won it as a villian once, but on my hero character, it's been much easier.
Scribe81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #19
InstantMayhem

Villains might not win diamond hiest/ring war due to lack of numbers. When i see it pop up i dont go because there is no motivation to do it. However in arenas villains dominate heroes 99% of the time.
InstantMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #20
NalgasDLemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantMayhem View Post
Villains might not win diamond hiest/ring war due to lack of numbers. When i see it pop up i dont go because there is no motivation to do it. However in arenas villains dominate heroes 99% of the time.
Playing as a villain, we nearly always win Ring Wars, at least at the times I'm around. It's unusual that the heroes even come particularly close unless they somehow get at least half a dozen extra players together than usual (in which case they win easily). We usually have at least as many people as they do, if not more, because they're all at the Diamond Heist instead. Heh.

As far as motivation, if you're going for your PVP gear it's a decent way to get extra marks when added to your arena rotation, and there are feats for winning lots of them. You just park yourself in front of the bounty board at the nightclub where the mission is offered and queue for arenas/legends. Turn in bounties for the free influence/money/soda after each arena. When a Ring War comes up, go do it for another free mark and to get a break from the constant arenaing. You pile up influence, marks of legend/conquest, money, and soda at a pretty healthy rate, along with having multiple activities going on at once for variety.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #21
InstantMayhem

im not motivated to do it because im at 2k MoL and 1.4k MoC . All our league does is pvp but i do park myself at the bounty board!

Last edited by InstantMayhem: 01-13-2012 at 09:23 AM.
InstantMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
NalgasDLemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantMayhem View Post
im not motivated to do it because im at 2k MoL and 1.4k MoC
Heh. Well, that's a pretty good reason to not have much interest unless you're bored or are trying to pick up some feats you're missing here and there (if you don't have all of those yet). I sometimes do stuff like that even when I don't have a really good in-game motivation just because I already got in the habit of it before, or when I'm on my healer I randomly drop soul wells next to where people are doing missions if I'm passing by. Either that or see how long I can stand on heroes' heads before they notice. Have to do something to keep things interesting...
Old 01-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #23
cynthpoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek1013 View Post
I actually get more help as a Villian on PvE... must be Mark Hamil as the Joker influencing my decisions.
I prefer Adam West as Deathstroke, myself.

But getting to the theme of this thread, there are so-called 'heroes' who will gank me and there are times when I accidentally gank others. It's built into the game ("Hit 'ctrl' to loot" is the prompt we all see during gameplay). But it really does bite when someone posing as a hero will just do for themselves and not help out others.

To be fair, some have helped me and I have helped them. But yeah...it's only a game and not a real life-or-death sort of thing. The progs set it up so that the only way to get $$ is to loot, attack, sell loot, etc. The only way to convert SCs to game $$ is to do the Joker vault.

If you really want to be a hero, do something good for others in the real world. Give a sandwich to a homeless guy or something like that. After all, that will really matter most. The game is just a game, but a moral code is something you act on in reality. If you can do that in reality and a game, then that is what matters.
cynthpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
Treychik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls13 View Post
Ummm ya...calm down bro, it's just a game.
my first thought was: "Ummm...what?!"

and then just like yours.

They like to play it in their own way - they don't cheat, lag and hack - so it's fine...
Treychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
Treychik

Is it only me, or do all the mega evil guys and mega-heroes look so pathetic and theatrics...They speak like they're 5 or something and act as they're deprived of some toys -__- and you're the one, who should return their "toys"
Treychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
dam187

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by NalgasDLemur View Post
Wait, what?

Associating the wrong person with the wrong company aside, good luck with that. It's hard enough to even just encourage RP when people are in the same room as each other, much less enforce it when they're in different countries and have no interest in doing it. The heroes don't want to act like heroes because they have more fun goofing around and playing a game or just acting like ? Well yeah, that's how (many) people work. Without separate RP servers (or a different game entirely), most of the people are going to do whatever they feel like most of the time instead of what they're "supposed to do". So it goes.
No, I mentioned Stan Lee on purpose to hint that it is not DC Universe alone who has such an ethical code, but Marvel has a similar code.
dam187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #27
Zephon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam187 View Post
No, I mentioned Stan Lee on purpose to hint that it is not DC Universe alone who has such an ethical code, but Marvel has a similar code.
The game went F2P. even if these so call Golden rules exsisted none of the new player base would know or care about them. they just want to play a free MMORPG.

As the game is advertised "DC Universe™ Online Free-To-Play. Your Way.™"

Big emphasis on the Your way.

Sometimes fresh air is good.
Zephon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online