Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkspore

Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
Narshk

Question Is The game dead?

that's it... I want to know it..

Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
CrusaderGT

Pretty much, there's only around 30 in the lobby if you log on a lucky day. This killed the matchmaking co-op feature of the game. If you can stand playing solo then it won't affect you much and don't mind always on to play the game.
CrusaderGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
Certvole

I was actually worried about how matchmaking works, tryed 10 times and no one found 12.1+ and 13.1+. Last time I played (5-6 months ago) it found players on second try most of the time. In lobby theres 20 players from level 1 to 50. I thought they work on patch which fix matchmaker and lobby... how dare I was , looks like it looks for players from lobby only, or in the lobby there are all players from the world playing Darkspore and it is really dead?
Certvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
DeadlyFred

Was wondering this myself. It was logging me in to lobby 1000 something this evening so I have to think there must be at least a couple other lobbies otherwise why would you do that?
DeadlyFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Dealman

It's not exactly dead, it's just the Lobby System that is very bad. Lobbies should be much bigger, and less Lobbies available to give the Matchmaker much more Players "eligible" to play together...

About the Lobbies, if I recall correctly they start off at 1 000 and go upwards, why it's done like that - I've no clue.
Dealman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
mandolinbee

Actually, I was told by a dev in a post several months ago that the matchmaking system searches across lobbies, so the low number of players you're seeing is because the total pop is low, not just your lobby.

It's so sad, cos I really actually liked this game except that it's way more fun with more players. Maybe if this game went on a serious sale, it would give it some needed love.
mandolinbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Dealman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolinbee View Post
Actually, I was told by a dev in a post several months ago that the matchmaking system searches across lobbies, so the low number of players you're seeing is because the total pop is low, not just your lobby.

It's so sad, cos I really actually liked this game except that it's way more fun with more players. Maybe if this game went on a serious sale, it would give it some needed love.
That's not true at all, if it actually did do that - there'd be plenty of Players to get matched with.
Dealman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
agentghost

so it is truly dead.. sigh, what a shame since this is a fun game
agentghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
Queued

I had given up on the game about 8 months ago. I was playing with two other people and we hit an XP all around level 30 I believe. Going too far forward would just get us killed, and sticking to what we could handle the xp was dreadfully slow. We lost interest quickly at that point.
Queued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
Risinggunstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queued View Post
I had given up on the game about 8 months ago. I was playing with two other people and we hit an XP all around level 30 I believe. Going too far forward would just get us killed, and sticking to what we could handle the xp was dreadfully slow. We lost interest quickly at that point.
I hit this as well, but ya know what over comes it? Gear. Chaining and replaying stages ups your characters levels. Your account level isn't as important as the character levels. Good gear will let you push forward and that EXP will flow easier.

Also, the game is harder with more people. I have no clue why they made soloing so easy on an online only game. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the game is still fun.
Risinggunstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkspore