Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online

Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Fangoram

Quick heads up on the new crafting.

I've been playing and raiding for awhile and I hadn't had many issues... Spent a few bucks on the game for character slots and whatnot spent around 50 bucks...

I never had to touch the withdraw money from the overflow but now with the new crafting system you gotta get a withdraw to get the top tier stuff... I found this a little underhanded considering you can play without being forced to play but now if you want the tip top stuff you gotta dump 4-5 bucks on 1+ withdraws so that you can socket your items. I payed when I was happy with the game and now... I'm not happy so I think I may be done with DCUO.

I'm just going to toss out that I checked how much I would have to get to be able to socket both my pve sets and my pvp set and it came out around 30 bucks... Doesn't seem like much but it kinda feels like pay to win.

Anyway any decent games like DCUO that any of you know about that doesn't pull this strat ?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
GstringBassPlay

You could just subscribe for a month??? Then you will also get the other benefits like daily vault tickets and whatever else you get. It's a pretty smart move on their part because you might actually find the subscription worth it...
GstringBassPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Fangoram

I don't see a point in subbing for a month just to socket my gear. I payed for other things because I liked the game not because I was being forced.... Now that I'm being forced to pay to be able to upgrade it's just not the same game and I see it as more of a pay to win method which I don't support.
Fangoram is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online