Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series

Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
Uber_waffle

Angry underworld glitches

now sorry if this is already some where here but i dont want to go searching through all of the old posts just to find what i want.

i am experiancing alot of glitches and bugs like an endlessly falling laura(cant move but can only shoot and can acces menue), game crashes when i die at a serton point and before and after it dosent happen again, placing a block cube flys off when i place it and throwing is dogged because when i throw a cube it dosent go that far and always is thrown left even though i tell it to throw straight.

edit: almost forgot to ask if any 1 has fix these problems yet or are they ganna stay there.

Last edited by Uber_waffle: 09-20-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Gerg Ich

I have similar problems to Legend. It takes me at least 2 and usually more like 3 tries to launch the game.

My system is
Windows 7, 64 bit
Dual Core 3.0
SLI 8800 GTX
Dual Monitor

Last edited by Gerg Ich: 09-20-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Gerg Ich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Uber_waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg Ich View Post
I have similar problems to Legend. It takes me at least 2 and usually more like 3 tries to launch the game.

My system is
Windows 7, 64 bit
Dual Core 3.0
SLI 8800 GTX
Dual Monitor
the annoying thing is mine and im guessing youre as well can run games on high graphics and its games like these that steam should fix not updateing tf2 all the time and the reason why i want them to fix games like these is because i dont like wasting money on games that become inplayable when you hit a serton point
Uber_waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Daehawktitan

I also get the blocks flying off the trigger tile all the time.

But now Im stuck due to a grapple glitch. Not to give away anything but Im supposed to pull a ring to break a floor hole open and go down. Lara refuses to pull the dang grapple. She gives a slight tug then shakes her head no. There is nothing left to do here. It's a simple pull and go.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Uber_waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daehawktitan View Post
I also get the blocks flying off the trigger tile all the time.

But now Im stuck due to a grapple glitch. Not to give away anything but Im supposed to pull a ring to break a floor hole open and go down. Lara refuses to pull the dang grapple. She gives a slight tug then shakes her head no. There is nothing left to do here. It's a simple pull and go.
have you tryed bashing E that worked with me on a serton place i cant remmember and im all the way up to the manor part and because of the block glitch as well as the bad throwing i cant continue
Old 09-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Daehawktitan

Thank you. Bashing E worked. Now I wonder where the next glitch will appear lol.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Djifig

Lightbulb I fixed it

I just bought the game and I had the same issues (Flying blocks, Lara throws blocks like an idiot, Lara can walk in decorations, Lara's feet in the ground some times, uncontrollable Lara falling forever, etc). It was painful.

Then I found the reason why it bugged that much. My computer is too powerful for the game. If you put the settings to the max or if you try to run applications in background to slow the computer, the game runs well with no glitch.

Funny isn't it.
Djifig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
undauntedspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_waffle View Post
now sorry if this is already some where here but i dont want to go searching through all of the old posts just to find what i want.

i am experiancing alot of glitches and bugs like an endlessly falling laura(cant move but can only shoot and can acces menue), game crashes when i die at a serton point and before and after it dosent happen again, placing a block cube flys off when i place it and throwing is dogged because when i throw a cube it dosent go that far and always is thrown left even though i tell it to throw straight.

edit: almost forgot to ask if any 1 has fix these problems yet or are they ganna stay there.
Sounds like something specific to your PC, I'd try updating your drivers, etc. Endlessly falling through textures could also be something over heating in your PC. Check it out.

By the way, steam can't fix 3rd party games, that'd be up to Crystal Dynamics; your beef is with them.

Posting screen shots or video and system specs would be helpful.

Last edited by undauntedspirit: 10-15-2011 at 08:14 PM.
undauntedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
LordCleverpork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djifig View Post
If you put the settings to the max or if you try to run applications in background to slow the computer, the game runs well with no glitch.

Funny isn't it.
I tried out this and my flying blocks glitch got surprisingly better. I didn't have much running in the background, but it seemed better. Further, the slight slowdown I got in certain places seemed to go away too. On higher quality.
LordCleverpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
Uber_waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by undauntedspirit View Post
Sounds like something specific to your PC, I'd try updating your drivers, etc. Endlessly falling through textures could also be something over heating in your PC. Check it out.

By the way, steam can't fix 3rd party games, that'd be up to Crystal Dynamics; your beef is with them.

Posting screen shots or video and system specs would be helpful.
my drivers are up to date and nothing is over heating as for video or screenshots im picky with stuff like that such as good angel, whether or not you can see whats going on and lighting in the room (i blame college for the pickyness) not only that with the falling thing it seems to happen when or if it feels like it but as for the flying blocks that still is to be solved. though for some reason when i first started playing a weared glitch happened and never showed up again which was larus arms were flying around like a ragdoll from garrys mod or something then i died arms back to normal and it never happened again.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
BobTD

I have had this game a while and just got around to it. Same thing with the weighted cubes. But the worst part is that after completing the puzzle the door to Nidhog did not open.

I looked for patches but cant find anything that works alongside steam. I literally can not play the game and I am kind of upset that I spent money on something that clearly is not up to minimum quality.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series