Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cryostasis

Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
FreeFall24

Low frames, game won't start?

As we all know PhysX is a NO-GO when it comes to AMD cards. I have an ASUS 6970, and I'd rather not have NVIDIA Tech on my computer because I have no use for it.

With it installed the game never passes 30 frames, and even goes down to 15. Without PhysX the game won't even start.

Is this yet ANOTHER game heavily sided on NVIDIA? What, do I need to waste money on some GTX 580?

Are there any tweaks for this game?

I have not come across any so far... I loved Metro, Penumbra, and I just want a game with an incredible story.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
FreeFall24

Should I even bother?

I've done everything and still get below 30 frames. Only reason I want to play this is just for the story.

Why does NVIDIA have to ruin every ing thing these days with "Exclusive" games for their Tech?

Well that's $5 down the ter.
FreeFall24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
scorchll7

Why does Nvidia have to offer the better tech for their users? If you read into the forums or looked into the game you would have realized this game runs heavily on PhysX. Your problem is buying a AMD card which I admit is good and all but more and more games are wanting Nvidia cards. Nvidia is not ruining their games it's just AMD needs to find a fix for all this which they can't get off their lazy a** and do. Next time go with Nvidia, the 700 series benchmarks are insane and blow away the new 7970.
scorchll7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
trek554

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchll7 View Post
Why does Nvidia have to offer the better tech for their users? If you read into the forums or looked into the game you would have realized this game runs heavily on PhysX. Your problem is buying a AMD card which I admit is good and all but more and more games are wanting Nvidia cards. Nvidia is not ruining their games it's just AMD needs to find a fix for all this which they can't get off their lazy a** and do. Next time go with Nvidia, the 700 series benchmarks are insane and blow away the new 7970.
trek554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
MADDOGGE

This game isn't like the difference between Batman on the 360 and Batman on the PC with a Nvidia card. This game is all about the PhysX. The only one I know off that actually needs physX for the full experiance. Without it, parts of the game disappear or aren't there. That said, my understanding is that PhysX now runs without Nvidia cards for those with AMD GPU's just on the CPU instead and nowhere as well.

Cryrostasis isn't the best optimized game to begin with and this late in the game likely never will get a real performance patch. It's worth playing though.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
trek554

Banned
um physx in this game will not run any better on the cpu today as when it came out. why would you even say that?

a game would have to be built with a newer more cpu friendly version of physx for it to run better on a cpu.
trek554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
_jema987

You will be missing out on some effects but I got it playable using SM2 and turning of vsync and all things physic and physx. It will never be fast but the game is slow pace so low FPS doesn't really matter for the experience.
_jema987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
nacho66

I have different issue. All of a sudden I get an 'updating' popup when I start the game. Progress bar is 100% and time remaining is 0. Play Game button is greyed out. Nothing happens. Any ideas?
nacho66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cryostasis