Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wonderful End of the World, The

Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Organic

A Little Positive Review/Anti-Bashing

Disregarding what everybody says about this game, I thought it was freaking great. I paid about 1.70 or so for it (bought the package for Aah! but decided to get this instead). No crashing, no resolution issues, achievements unlocked fine, so I don't know what's wrong with all these people whining. I thought it was a ton of fun for the price I paid for it, pretty dang creative, quite funny at times, and just a great way to kill 2-3 hours last night. Sadly, wasn't able to beat the whole game in one sitting (couldn't get past a B+ on a mission...). The ONLY issue I had was model collision issues and getting stuck inbetween tables/corners at times, but that should sort of be expected.

All in all, I thought this game was great for how cheap it was, and it's a game that I will probably be going back to on days I feel like I have nothing to do.

In all honesty, I wouldn't pay the full 9.99 for it, but I recommend you grab it during the next Steam sale. :]
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
in.meinem.turm.

Let me +rep you for that.
in.meinem.turm. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Russian Bear

I love the game so much, i was hoping they where going to bring out some DLC of extra levels but by the amount of hate the game is getting, i doubt we'll see anymore content
Russian Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
in.meinem.turm.

there were 2 extra levels during the VALVe-ARG. I would love to see them and more new levels available in a menue.
in.meinem.turm. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #5
hat

In my opinion, it's not worth $9.99, but it's not worthless, either. I got it in the Potato Sack, so I really lose nothing (especially considering it was a cog in winning me the Valve complete pack—it more than paid for itself!)
hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
PixyJunket

I bought the game on Sunday and got all of the achievements in about two hours. I enjoyed it. I felt it probably nicked from Katamari a little *too* much (in terms of style) but I really enjoyed some of the themed levels (the arcade level, the words level).

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.meinem.turm. View Post
there were 2 extra levels during the VALVe-ARG. I would love to see them and more new levels available in a menue.
Aw. Didn't most of the other developers leave the ARG content in to some degree?
PixyJunket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
chocolatekake

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.meinem.turm. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyJunket View Post
Aw. Didn't most of the other developers leave the ARG content in to some degree?
They did leave them in the game. They're just hidden, as they were when they were released.

The first one, with the lovely original music, is accessed by holding 'U' when you load the Arcadia level. For the second one, with the cake, hold 'P' instead, while loading Sugar Candy.
chocolatekake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Schrikvis

You're right.
Schrikvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
rick_swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatekake View Post
They did leave them in the game. They're just hidden, as they were when they were released.

The first one, with the lovely original music, is accessed by holding 'U' when you load the Arcadia level. For the second one, with the cake, hold 'P' instead, while loading Sugar Candy.
Nice extra. Thanks for the info.

At 75% off I really can't find anything to complain about this game. It's fun for a few hours and the music in the stages overall is great.

Of course it actually runs fine for me and I got my monitor set up to mantain aspect ratio. Sure would like to up the resolution but with the graphics being what they are (they do their job at least) it really isn't a big deal other than the low res making the pop ups of the steam overlay a lot more annoying than usual.

Last edited by rick_swift: 01-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.
rick_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
X01

Banned
This is the dollar store version of Katamari. It's not bad... just in comparision with the real thing... makes me puke a little.
X01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wonderful End of the World, The