Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
scottixboy

Unhappy F2P TF2 cheaters; numbers rising-Valve needs to take action

I would rarely see any cheaters on TF2, even after it went F2P; It's just recently
Over the last 3-4 days I've seen so many; In a 2fort server yesterday there were 3 at once

I know there are servers with free2bKicked, But they have high ping for me etc. and are not viable solutions to this problem, I think Vac needs to be changed/Updated

What F2P cheaters do:

Create a new account with a new email

Download the latest multi-hack tool from many available websites

Cheat for about 3 weeks constantly

Vac then bans them

Then they create a new account with a new email again and the vicious cycle begins

Now valve needs to incorporate some form of F2P Insta-ban system into Vac For TF2, we all know its possible as Vac detects Cheats on the fly anyway but waits weeks to execute the ban, meaning these F2P noob cheaters are ruining games left right and centre for weeks until the ban hammer finally hits them, In less than 10 mins they are back into a game.

If a person gets banned on 4 or more accounts on one IP then i think an IP vac ban could be in question, or banning all accounts linked to the IP so that there main account gets banned; At least then even F2P cheaters are taking a risk

I hope valve make some changes as TF2 is turning into a cheat fest.

Last edited by scottixboy: 01-30-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Victorspain

Banned
VAC delays bans for a reason.
/Thread.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
scottixboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorspain View Post
VAC delays bans for a reason.
/Thread.
I know it does, Re-read my post.

"Insta-ban system for F2P players". How else would you suggest valve stop it? As there delayed ban system is Obviously flawed in this area and ACTUAL cheaters don't see it as a threat any more considering its so easy to make a new account and begin cheating all over again.

The entire point of this thread was to suggest that valve take action and that if the user has not paid for the game and vac catches them cheating, to punish them immediately on suspicion that they may be a multiple account cheater and if they can't beat the system maybe they will begin to play properly like the rest of us

You should try contributing rather than stating a useless and if anything; off-topic fact.

Last edited by scottixboy: 01-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Satoru

How is it any functionally different between insta-banning them vs a delayed ban? It takes 10 seconds to create a new account.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
scottixboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
How is it any functionally different between insta-banning them vs a delayed ban? It takes 10 seconds to create a new account.
Because as soon the cheating device is detected(Like with punk buster) They get an immediate kick+ban, then they create a new account to try again but the same will keep happening.

1. It will stop the cheaters bothering the legitimate players as they will be kicked and banned before they can even get any functionality out of there cheat device.

and 2. It might make them go legit as they obviously can't beat the system or just stop playing the game completely, either way, they will stop bothering legitimate players.

Unless you are a cheater; I can't think of a reason why anyone would disagree.

Last edited by scottixboy: 01-30-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
gotthisfortf2

Banned
I haven't seen any hackers at all.Delayed bans work well so they can get as many hackers as they can with the same hack.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Pandemonyx

I've seen about two poor hackers join a trade server (i actually join those maps to play the game), and somehow managed to dominate them; A pyro and sniper, while i was a soldier.

^^ But seriously, numbers are increasing. Something needs to be done, but what..
Old 01-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
scottixboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonyx View Post
I've seen about two poor hackers join a trade server (i actually join those maps to play the game), and somehow managed to dominate them; A pyro and sniper, while i was a soldier.

^^ But seriously, numbers are increasing. Something needs to be done, but what..
Exactly my point, I've only started noticing cheaters recently, like instantly headshoting me as I leave spawn multiple times, Running like 40x as fast as a scout through walls having a black box with infinite ammo; (This is all stuff I've seen over the last 4 days)

And we all know that it won't be long until you see at least one cheater a match

Just look at Cod WAW for xbox 360, that game has at least 3-4 cheaters a match; It was enough to make me stop playing the game.

I don't want TF2 to end up like that and I know valve would never let that happen.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
scottixboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotthisfortf2 View Post
I haven't seen any hackers at all.Delayed bans work well so they can get as many hackers as they can with the same hack.
Delayed bans work well for premium users and usually they learn their lesson.

But F2P cheaters can instantly make a new account and start cheating all over again.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Satoru

Personally I've not seen a huge uptick of TF2 cheaters, especially given the apocalyptic predictions from many people that TF2 going F2P would make it unplayable. I join pretty random servers and don't see anything more or less than what I had seen previously.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
scottixboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
Personally I've not seen a huge uptick of TF2 cheaters, especially given the apocalyptic predictions from many people that TF2 going F2P would make it unplayable. I join pretty random servers and don't see anything more or less than what I had seen previously.
Just because you don't see cheaters it doesn't mean there aren't any, there is no statistic to how many you will see a time, it's more, they are there and need to be dealt with but are not a majority, but in recent days I have seen more than I've ever seen on a valve game.

And I know that if it does get worse, valve will have to do something.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
arisaka

Don't join random servers, find good ones. Also, if you have premium, you can join servers that autokick f2p players.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
scottixboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisaka View Post
Don't join random servers, find good ones. Also, if you have premium, you can join servers that autokick f2p players.
I'm not paying anything, I've already bought the game, infact i bought it nearly 3 years ago, when cheaters were not an issue, i should not have to pay money to not deal with valves problem
Old 01-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
Ruptur3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottixboy View Post
I'm not paying anything, I've already bought the game, infact i bought it nearly 3 years ago, when cheaters were not an issue, i should not have to pay money to not deal with valves problem
if you bought the game,your already premium.

You didn't read his post. Just join a server that automically kicks F2p players then.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
JoeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottixboy View Post
In that case you are already a so called "premium" user and should have no trouble joining servers that auto-kick f2pers. That should mitigate cheating for you right there.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion