Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Odins Raven

So where's the Multiplayer eh?

Just got this game, tried to play some MP and wound up with like 8 servers all showing 400+ pings.

I thought there were like dedicated DM and other mode servers? Are people playing or is it just me?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Caper

MP will pick up once the DLC comes out and all the MW3 BF3 kids get sick of those games and buy sam.
Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Odins Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper View Post
MP will pick up once the DLC comes out and all the MW3 BF3 kids get sick of those games and buy sam.
picking up is one thing but it was literally dead when I tried to see what was going on.

There's gotta be some server lists out there and stuff but why can I only see like 8 games all with 400+ ping?

I'm not going to believe that nobody on the west coast is playing the game. I see my friends playing it on steam!
Odins Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
flashn00b

Yeah, multiplayer in Serious Sam in general seems pretty dead.

That said, deathmatches in SSHD are quite fun.
flashn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Processor

One thing you can try (if your ping is bad for all servers) is start up a server yourself. Maybe there are other players with the same issue and will join yours because they will have a good ping on it.

Also, if you head over to the official forums (seriouszone) the guys there plan events and get together, play full games and have a blast. The game isn't dead... there's just no content for Coop Survival or Deathmatch modes which hurt multiplayer in this game badly from the start. Lets hope the upcoming DLC provides us with more multiplayer maps for each mode.
Processor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
simon_brown75

TBH SS multiplayer is all about the co-op and generally that's small groups of people who know each other playing the game privately. Pursuade some friends to buy the game and play the campaign through in co-op.
simon_brown75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Odins Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Processor View Post
One thing you can try (if your ping is bad for all servers) is start up a server yourself. Maybe there are other players with the same issue and will join yours because they will have a good ping on it.

Also, if you head over to the official forums (seriouszone) the guys there plan events and get together, play full games and have a blast. The game isn't dead... there's just no content for Coop Survival or Deathmatch modes which hurt multiplayer in this game badly from the start. Lets hope the upcoming DLC provides us with more multiplayer maps for each mode.
Good suggestion I'll go over there and see what's up

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_brown75 View Post
TBH SS multiplayer is all about the co-op and generally that's small groups of people who know each other playing the game privately. Pursuade some friends to buy the game and play the campaign through in co-op.
Coop gets mad repetetive man, and why on earth would I play it over and over when Deathmatch is awesome!!?
Odins Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
exoriority

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bfedm

join the group, add people there, set up a server, play the DM

I played with people on US and Europe, tho the ping is quite high, it's still very enjoyable.
exoriority is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE