Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #526
marciohuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave.ts View Post
I really can't seem to select it. All I have is the default credit cards and the Steam Wallet option :<.
Hmm, my payment option saved on Steam is PayPal, maybe this is why I was able to use it.
marciohuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #527
Gibsauce

Thumbs up

I've wanted mobile, steam chat functionality for some time. This actually works great on a Blackberry Playbook (Android version of the app). Look forward to testing it on a Galaxy S2, later.

Thanks Valve!
Gibsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #528
ViSkY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave.ts View Post
BlackBerry's are only for those who have a cheap brown spray-tan and girls who wear too much make-up (14,2% market share).
You got it wrong, this year they moved to iPhones.

I am pretty sure Windows Phone 7 will get it too very soon, its just getting a different UI (Metro style).
ViSkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #529
JMacGill

How do I access the settings? I'm on a iPod Touch and when I open the left menu and scroll to the bottom I can see settings, but i can't get it to stay on the screen long enough to tap it. It happens in portrait and landscape mode.

I would be nice if we could change our status to " On Mobile" or something similar, other than just being seen as "Online" so that people aren't trying to send game invites.
JMacGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #530
Gibsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacGill View Post
I would be nice if we could change our status to " On Mobile" or something similar, other than just being seen as "Online" so that people aren't trying to send game invites.
I think that's a great idea. Just tested to make sure, and a bud says my name looks normal to him (no indication I'm on a mobile device).
Old 01-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #531
marciohuser

Quote:
That's weird: just after sending my gift for Online Beta to a friend I could see him as "Online (Mobile)", and I confirmed it as I chated with him to ask what did he think about the app
Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #532
marciohuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsauce View Post
I think that's a great idea. Just tested to make sure, and a bud says my name looks normal to him (no indication I'm on a mobile device).
Weren't you simultaneously online at the desktop, by any chance?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #533
JMacGill

I have two accounts and I can see my other account as "Online" just like all the other accounts. I see no indication that it is mobile.
JMacGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #534
Gibsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciohuser View Post
Weren't you simultaneously online at the desktop, by any chance?
Nope, though I may just be missing a setting. I'm also running it on an unsupported platform, which could cause unforeseen consequences.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #535
LastxShot

I have been using the app for a couple days now and I'm really enjoying it. I especially enjoy the easy access to several news sites-- really convenient.
LastxShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #536
lionsunleashed

This app is the best thing to ever happen it's so awesome and run's soo smooth and easy to navigate. Well it's time for those who don't own a android or iphone to upgrade to a smartphone as they are not too expensive. ^_^
lionsunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #537
jmccaskey

Valve
Quote:
How do I access the settings? I'm on a iPod Touch and when I open the left menu and scroll to the bottom I can see settings, but i can't get it to stay on the screen long enough to tap it. It happens in portrait and landscape mode.

If your friend is using the new beta for the desktop Steam client then they will in fact see that you are online via mobile. If they are using an older version of the desktop client then they only see you as online since it is unaware of mobile users.
jmccaskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #538
Symmetric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccaskey View Post
If your friend is using the new beta for the desktop Steam client then they will in fact see that you are online via mobile. If they are using an older version of the desktop client then they only see you as online since it is unaware of mobile users.
Will the mobile app allow for persistent connections? I go offline as soon as my phone goes into standby.
Symmetric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #539
lionsunleashed

So what's next steam mobile apps for are phone's thou would be cool if we could play our game's on them. I also bet the tablet's will be hitting soon for steam apps also so look out for them to come. Windows 8 will be here soon so im sure steam is prepared.
lionsunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #540
Major Del

Quote:
An getting the same issue, I have access the setting before but today I can't get to it, screen just keeps scrolling up. Have an iPhone 4.
Major Del is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion