Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anomaly: Warzone Earth

Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
snow0

Saves and replayability

I enjoyed the main campaign, but the lack of saves (keeping my progress after the game is exited) is ruining the mayhem levels for me.

If each round takes 4-5 mins, then 18 waves takes 72-90 mins. Am I really only able to play the game if I know I have 1h30 free. If I get interrupted after an hour then all my progress is lost the next time I play. It makes the Anomaly feel more like a repetitive chore than a pleasure.

If I have a choice between continuing a game of Defense Grid from where I left off, or playing the same first 5 rounds of Anomaly again, it is very difficult to choose Anomaly.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
11 bit studios

11 bit studios
This mode is simply "get as far as you can" so it doesn't save your progress. The more points you get, the higher you are on the leaderboards.
thx
11 bit studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #3
InczeZee

And what about the checkpoints? Some maps takes more than an hour and when I don't have enough time to finish it, I need to start the map from the beggining. It's frustrating...
InczeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
QuasarBallz

Banned
the mayhem and raid are easy, especially since you unlock them after the campaign, thus you are very well aquinted with the game when you start them
the only pain in the is the last boss and the extra mission
Gotta say this is one of the best indies ever, played this for several days in a row without geting bored or something like that : great music, graphics, supereasy control, interesting gameplay concept and so on, this game surely deserves bought.

Last edited by QuasarBallz: 02-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.
QuasarBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Wulf2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by InczeZee View Post
And what about the checkpoints? Some maps takes more than an hour and when I don't have enough time to finish it, I need to start the map from the beggining. It's frustrating...
If it's really bothering you, just pause the game and alt-tab out when you run out of time. Leave it running while you're away.

When you've got another 37 seconds free to play, bring it back up.
Wulf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
paketep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf2k View Post
If it's really bothering you, just pause the game and alt-tab out when you run out of time. Leave it running while you're away.

When you've got another 37 seconds free to play, bring it back up.
Such a great solution...

Many of us have been asking for a long time for saves (even if it was only in the checkpoints) and/or being able to go back more than one checkpoint. The admin in the official forums said in this thread that it was doable and

Quote:
Anyway, we'll fix that via next update.
Quote:
Yes,
\it takes some time, but we'll deliver.
The first quote is from July 2011. The second, September 2011. I'm still waiting. I haven't played the game again since then, given that I had the same problem as the OP in that thread, and each time I had been really careful and lost about 2 hours of play.

I can understand that quick save is not that easy, especially if it wasn't included in the original design of the game, but pressing the "back to previous checkpoint" key twice within (say) 5 seconds and going back another checkpoint?. Or choosing to go back ANOTHER checkpoint via menu?. Can't believe for a second it is THAT difficult.

Last edited by paketep: 05-10-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Engrish
paketep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
Wulf2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by paketep View Post
Such a great solution...
It's a solution that he can do on his own, right now, and will solve his problem.

Or we can just complain. Is that what this thread is?

I HATE PUMPKINS! Their beady eyes, just staring... Staring!

STARING INTO THE VERY DEPTHS OF MY SOUL!!!

Stupid pumpkins.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
11 bit studios

11 bit studios
Yep, my fault.
We were trying to re-do the system but the scripts are kinda messy and it would take too much time to make new save system.
So we left it the way it was originally made.

Sorry for that.
11 bit studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Wulf2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 bit studios View Post
Yep, my fault.
*gasp*

They've got a taste for blood now! RUN!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #10
kiratachibana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 bit studios View Post
Yep, my fault.
We were trying to re-do the system but the scripts are kinda messy and it would take too much time to make new save system.
So we left it the way it was originally made.

Sorry for that.
Loved when devs admit the problems of their games, which means better next installment!
kiratachibana is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anomaly: Warzone Earth