Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
bladerunner67

Best Sniper Game?

Will there every be anything that will compare with sniper elite?

I've played a lot of games and it has been by far the best for PC and console sniper games IMO.

Anyone got a sniper game that even comes close that I could try?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Niscimble

Nothing really comes to mind... at least in the sense that it focuses on being a sniper and the strategies that lie therein.

There is a new game coming out called Sniper: Ghost Warrior. It looks to pretty much be a carbon copy of sniper elite, but it with better graphics, etc.
Niscimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Lio

Sniper: Ghost Warrior

The demo looks very promesing.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
Matrix1O1

Well I tried the demo of Sniper: Ghost Warrior with great hopes, and after around one hour of play, I removed the game from my Steam wish list...

Some of the main problems I found are:
- a extremely linear gameplay, you're almost force to follow way points.
- collisions problems (you can enter some rocks, your weapons and hands go through walls).
- the IA is really dumb, and in hard mode looks like they've got the Superman vision, not realistic.
- the ragdoll effects when you shoot opponents are also poorly realized.

The models are also kind of poor, very limited (looks like it's always the same 3 or 4 opponents repeating the same 3 sentences forever, bad for immersion).
Graphically, it's so so, not that bad but with some ugly glitches (like plants and grass moving through the ground, or lighting effect with no visible lights source , plus a very noticeable aliasing effect).

All in all, it looks like an unprofessional work.

My recommendation: don't buy it based on videos and screen shots, try the demo first, this might save you some bucks.
Matrix1O1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:13 AM   #5
slayer20

And remember it is a demo, so it's most likely going to change a bit on final release.

The one thing I hate the most is the AI. It seems as if they can see you even if you're hiding in some thick grass and you can't see a thing.

They should also lighten up on the blur used for the aliasing effect.

And oh god that voice acting...

I can only hope multiplayer and custom maps will be allowed.
slayer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
WindScaper

This thread is pretty old, but there was a fun collection of games a while back called "Sniper warrior" (Unrelated to Sniper: Ghost Warrior)
IT gave you pistols and submachine guns, but the snipers were pretty fun to toy around with. But, to be honest, the only 2 other games that have ever compared to SE would be the snipers in Bad company 2, and Borderlands. Both rely on headshots, and both rely on gravity
WindScaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #7
Colos

Lightbulb BEST SNIPER GAME EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner67 View Post
Will there every be anything that will compare with sniper elite?

I've played a lot of games and it has been by far the best for PC and console sniper games IMO.

Anyone got a sniper game that even comes close that I could try?
HI ALL,

Beleive me guys, the very best sniper game is ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead! Far the best, absolutely a king of sniper games. Maps are apprx 20 times larger than in any other game and everything is absolutely realistic. This is a real war simulator, not a game like BF or COD etc... Try M107 from 1500m in ARMA!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
Toad213

Well there is a new Sniper Elite game coming next year called Sniper Elite V2, I really enjoyed this one so we will see if the new one is as good!

Oh and how did that American get stuck in Germany? It just started and I dont think it told how he got there :\
Toad213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #9
Zoridium JackL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad213 View Post
Well there is a new Sniper Elite game coming next year called Sniper Elite V2, I really enjoyed this one so we will see if the new one is as good!

Oh and how did that American get stuck in Germany? It just started and I dont think it told how he got there :\
theirs a video on startup that explains that.
Zoridium JackL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #10
RaranTroff

There is a long range shooting simulator that is supposed to be really good. There is a demo so you can try it out. I think the full version is only like 45 bucks which is a hell of a deal for a simulator.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
Aiyel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaranTroff View Post
There is a long range shooting simulator that is supposed to be really good. There is a demo so you can try it out. I think the full version is only like 45 bucks which is a hell of a deal for a simulator.

it's interesting, sure, but its all really terrible graphics against shooting range targets, wiith a bare minimum of visual feedback. Worth $10, not $45.
Aiyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Toad213

Ahh thanks
Toad213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
HuNgArYaN

Sniper Elite
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2

These are the best sniping games I got to play, Battlefield 3 will probably be just as Battlefield 2.

And when I ask for best sniping games I'm asking for something realistic, not quickscoping nonsense on medium range of assault rifles (I'm looking at you, MW3!!).
HuNgArYaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #14
rickflair786

Fallout 3 and bad Company, these two sniper games are very interesting to play.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
ryanzero

Max Payne 3. Before someone gets all "but,but, that's a 3rd person action game", read this:

http://www.gamesradar.com/max-payne-...as-taken-away/

Especially the second page where he describes being able to slow down the bullet on the kill cam . I also read that all the sniping requires accurate leading and premeditation, I just can't remember who said it. I think it was in a tweet from the PAX demo.
ryanzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite