Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series

Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
boroduwicz

Dungeon Siege 2 widescreen solution

Found this on a Microsoft site and thought it might be useful to post it here:

Change the default resolution on widescreen monitors
If you have a widescreen monitor, you can modify the default resolution. Create a desktop shortcut to your game's .exe file, and then modify the command line in the shortcut by adding the arguments "width=xxxxx height=xxxxx" to the end of the command line. To do this, right-click the shortcut on your desktop, and then click Properties. In the Target text box, add the following text to the end of the existing path after the quotation marks, width=xxxxx height=xxxxx--for example:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2\DungeonSiege2.exe" width=1680 height=1050

I have tried this with my own pc - it works well and seems stable.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
JoeB

The only problem with is that for some reason, the game switches back to the low resolution when you're in the main menu. In addition, the font size does not scale with the higher resolutions so it ends up quite tiny to say the least. Not totally unreadable unless you have REALLY bad eyesight but still rather uncomfortable. I ended up ignoring most of the Lore because of this.

Other than that, this fix makes the game look amazing. The textures scale REALLY well.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
badson

Man I love this game and thanks for reminding me about this. I settled on 1440x900 because of what JoeB already mentioned, its extremely hard to read the text the higher up in resolution you go...and you can also do this directly through steam as well

also add in:
nointro=true

if your not into watching the intro every time you start the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
Other than that, this fix makes the game look amazing. The textures scale REALLY well.
Yeah, seems like a brand new game now haha

Last edited by badson: 02-26-2012 at 12:54 PM.
badson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Silva79

wow thanks for sharing this info, the game looks great, i wish there was some kind of texture pack mod or something
Silva79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
boroduwicz

A quick bump for this simple solution that might interest new owners of DS2. I agree with JoeB about the lack of scalability for the text so followed Badson's 1440x900 suggestion. Enjoy.
boroduwicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
gmagnus

You can also change it in \Users\XXXXX\Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2\DungeonSiege2.ini, so you can still launch it from Steam.
gmagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #7
Silva79

I just want to mention that this method also works for Dungeon Siege 1
Silva79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series