Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #31
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
I have been looking at that title. Looks amazing watching gameplay videos on YouTube.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #32
Sifer2

It's actually been off and on the Steam top sellers list. So they are probably not desperate to put it on sale.

For what its worth the DRM is pretty painless unless you change hardware often. I really hope it gets removed at some point. The game itself isn't bad if you like city building. Though I think it needs a expansion to add more interesting AI opponents, and more underwater building.
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #33
LoneGunman

Yeah, I've been wanting it for a while but sorry it's not that innovative that I want to pay full price for it and about that DRM. Unfortunately for the devs, since Ubisoft started their campaign against legitimate game purchasers (online persistent connections for games with SP components, heavy DRM use, limited activations), I've been steering clear of their games. They've been caving to the pressure (RUSE and some others) but until they realize they're just hurting themselves and stop the madness (FFS, it's on STEAM which is effectively validating it), I can wait. I've got 200+ other games I can play including new ones from companies that aren't pulling that nonsense. (NOTE: I'm not saying you can't protect your product, just stop putting us in chains while pirates still manage to crack your stupid DRM and play the game for free long before I actually PAY to play it).
LoneGunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #34
thePyro_13

I'm still waiting for both a sale and the removal of the install limit.

Even without the install limit $80 is a bit too steep for me. Though it does look like a good game.
thePyro_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #35
99Reaper99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippleD View Post
I have been looking at that title. Looks amazing watching gameplay videos on YouTube.
Exactly what I think. Hoping a lot it goes on sale...simply because it looks great but am not sure if I'd like it or not.

The other thing that has me iffy on it too is the isntall limit. A new GPU or change of GPU is counted as a whole new system, so an install is lost. Any sites that have benchmarked the game have found that and Ubisoft stands by it.
99Reaper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
apaeth

It seems like a decent game and I got it for about $10 out of pocket after a coupon and some trades but it didn't hold my attention like the previous installments; a bit too busy, work-like and detached from the population for my tastes. Certainly not a game I'd reach for in hindsight.
apaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #37
Mivo

Hard to not trip over corpses in this thread.

Anyway, sadly, still no sale. My interest has shrunken a little, especially with the increasing amount of DLC, which would probably not go on sale even if the base game did, so I think for me this is more of a candidate for the summer sale -- or a possible "complete edition" at a later point. Still generally interested in the game, though.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #38
Bague

the DLC is no biggie, its just scenarios.

there are also new scenarios available for free in the form of world events.
I didnt want to buy it as well, but after playing a demo version i decided that the game is worth it, the developers did a really good job on improving the anno series (except the new devs refuse to put in real AI oppponents into anno games -.-)
Bague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #39
Jophiel

It was recently on sale at GetGamesGo for $17 but Ubisoft blocked sales to North America. Based on that, they don't seem to be in any hurry to discount it.
Jophiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #40
KKHfai

I was waiting and looking this for long time..... Hopefully it SALE on Steam ASAP. Unlike any cheap retail key outside there, dont ask me why :P
KKHfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #41
-$P0P3$-

I'm kind of interested in it.

Couldn't care less about the DRM. Even the incredibly rare moment when my internet gives out I still have a good 160 games to play.

As for the hardware change activation limit, Ubisoft said you can get them restored if you contact them and give them like proof of purchase or something like that.
-$P0P3$- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #42
alexUW

Quote:
Originally Posted by -$P0P3$- View Post
I'm kind of interested in it.

Couldn't care less about the DRM. Even the incredibly rare moment when my internet gives out I still have a good 160 games to play.

As for the hardware change activation limit, Ubisoft said you can get them restored if you contact them and give them like proof of purchase or something like that.
I think that's kind of the point; asking for a KEY could take a couple days. Some games have "regenerating" KEYS, where 1 KEY is replenished each month; much better system.

I don't think this will be a problem for most people, but it's still a pile of crap we as gamers just have to tolerate.
alexUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #43
99Reaper99

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuw View Post
I think that's kind of the point; asking for a KEY could take a couple days. Some games have "regenerating" KEYS, where 1 KEY is replenished each month; much better system.

I don't think this will be a problem for most people, but it's still a pile of crap we as gamers just have to tolerate.
^ My point exactly. They evnetually said you can call. But what's the point of implementing such specific rules in the first place? It's just a big inconveience. I don't feel like opening a can of worms on the matter so I'll just leave it at that.
99Reaper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #44
goodluck

its good but 1404 is still the best.
goodluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #45
mr.ioes

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluck View Post
its good but 1404 is still the best.
I got to agree. Haven't played anno 2070 much, but the graphics style + atmosphere/theme is a lot better in 1404.

Also, anno 1404 is drm free IIRC.
mr.ioes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion