Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Demolition Inc.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
TheWoulfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgul View Post
I think the point of the OP is that not being able to stream the game (even tho he REALLY wants to give how much hes tried) is costing the company sales and free advertising.

That's not something you wait "on more opinions" about.
My opinion was based on having resolution change based on alt-tabbing out just for alt-tabbing outs sake. I am intrigued however as to what workaround he is referring too being a past streamer myself.

Or is he just having the game in a resolution that becomes unusable when switching to the desktop.
TheWoulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
DrakeGaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_DemolitionInc View Post
Well, having windowed mode is not that difficult but surely requires some work and testing so unfortunately I cannot promise we add it immediately.
I am not in a huge hurry, but it would be excellent to have.

Honestly, it benefits the game makers more than me. If I were to stream the game probably about 500 unique people would view it between my stream and youtube accounts. However, more popular streamers reach thousands of people per night or even hour. This sort of word of mouth free marketing can really help indy games explode (see minecraft and the yogcast).

I'll keep an eye on the thread, let me know if you decide to add it. Thanks for being easy to reach and communicate with.

- Drake
Old 09-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
J_DemolitionInc

ZeroScale Games
Just wanted to let you know that windowed mode is on our list for the next release that we should have within the next 2-3 days. And thanks again for suggesting this!
J_DemolitionInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #19
NKato

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that windowed mode is on our list for the next release that we should have within the next 2-3 days. And thanks again for suggesting this!
I bought Demolition Inc, and I was disappointed at the lack of a Windowed Mode because I was watching some TV on my second monitor (which is on a different resolution compared to the main resolution), the resolution change when the game booted in fullscreen was disconcerting.

But it's good to know that it's on your books for an update. Hope to get it by Saturday.

I think Valve should make windowed mode a standard for all indie game submissions.
NKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
J_DemolitionInc

ZeroScale Games
Just to let you know that we have an update on Steam now that supports windowed mode. What you have to do is go to game properties and press 'Set Launch Options...' and then type "-window" (without quotes) there. Thanks again for your feedback!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #21
polosistealth

we need windowed mode please
polosistealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #22
Stitch0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by polosistealth View Post
we need windowed mode please
Stitch0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #23
DrakeGaming

Quote:
Just to let you know that we have an update on Steam now that supports windowed mode. What you have to do is go to game properties and press 'Set Launch Options...' and then type "-window" (without quotes) there. Thanks again for your feedback!
Thanks very much for this, it is very appreciated. I'll let you know how the stream goes when I get it working
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #24
pdXjoe

Thanks for window mode. Game is allotta fun!
pdXjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #25
djbub14

Banned
Red face

I CAN'T NORMALLY PLAY THE GAME!!!

Max resolution 1152 on... WTF?? I have 16:10 monitor, not 4:3 like 17"
This is soooooo small like at win 98 in 1999.

My icons and soft-windows usually moved after i ran a game.

How can i increase resolution? Or make checkbox for windows mode.

Quote:
Good, Thanks, but this option must be in options menu!

Loool. If i click to left (for smaller resolution) i can find normal for my screen, but if i click to right, i can change only Hz, pff

Last edited by djbub14: 12-05-2011 at 09:27 PM.
djbub14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #26
J_DemolitionInc

ZeroScale Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbub14 View Post
I CAN'T NORMALLY PLAY THE GAME!!!

Max resolution 1152 on... WTF?? I have 16:10 monitor, not 4:3 like 17"
This is soooooo small like at win 98 in 1999.

My icons and soft-windows usually moved after i ran a game.

How can i increase resolution? Or make checkbox for windows mode.

Good, Thanks, but this option must be in options menu!

Loool. If i click to left (for smaller resolution) i can find normal for my screen, but if i click to right, i can change only Hz, pff
I would like to put this option in the options menu but just did not have time for this so far, I will try to do it later.
With that clicking - looks like a bug we did not notice before, I will check that asap.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #27
philomorph

Thanks for the window mode!

I just picked up the game on steam and was disappointed not to see windowed mode in the options, but I'm glad google turned up this thread. It's great when developers listen!

If you are still up for making changes, it would be nice if there were more resolution options, like 1920 x 1080 for those of us with larger monitors. Then it wouldn't have to change the res of my desktop
philomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #28
J_DemolitionInc

ZeroScale Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomorph View Post
If you are still up for making changes, it would be nice if there were more resolution options, like 1920 x 1080 for those of us with larger monitors. Then it wouldn't have to change the res of my desktop
What do you mean by more resolution options? What we do is reading all available resolutions and presenting them for selection, do you mean it should be done differently?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
DeathShot9

Banned
Because of the bug where you can't click the right arrow to go to a higher resolution but have to cycle back through all the lower resolution until it loops around back to the top it is hard to find the higher resolution. I actually found it by accident because I was searching for windowed mode and then found this thread.
DeathShot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #30
Onyx3173

Quote:
Originally Posted by christ View Post
I'am sorry we are not supporting windowed mode.
Hope you can live with it!
Sorry for bumping an old thread but the attitude that I get from this post has lost you a sale. It sounds really sarcastic.

And I see that you fixed it at least with a command line option now but that should have really been something in from the beginning. Just because you want to make things easier for people who don't know a lot about things doesn't mean you should just not do them for those who do.

I absolutely can't stand it when any game starts up in a non-windowed resolution that isn't my desktop resolution. It messes up how I have everything laid out on my secondary monitor and has been reason enough in the past for me to flat out not touch a game. I'm far from an expert on programming but I know that adding a simple check where it starts in your desktop resolution or a windowed resolution wouldn't be too terribly difficult for someone who made a game such as this.
Onyx3173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Demolition Inc.