Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hunted: The Demonís Forge

Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
Silphatos

Hunted is a lot better than the new LotR game!

If you love hack&slash in a fantasy setting, you should definitely grab this while it's on sales instead of paying 50 bucks to that PlayStation 2 (Lord of the Rings) game.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Aqua Snake

I had this in my Wish List for quite a while waiting for a sale to come up.

I'll wait till Sunday just in case they discount it further.
Aqua Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Frywalker

LotR game
Pro: Actually starts
Cons: $50

Hunted
Pro: $20
Cons: Doesnt even start

Hmm. Expensive game, or cheap paper weight
Frywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
HorrorScope

Hunted:

Started for me played all the way through coop from day one, no bugs. Nice solid game, for me. (I do sympathize with those that didn't have this luck)

LOTR:
Played until we hit the out of synch coop save bug. Been waiting since, the patch was just released on the PS3 today, early reports aren't good. The Steam patch maybe by Friday. But again people are still having save issues. Now recommended to start all over, but again not looking overly optomisitic with early returns. If they don't have this fixed, it will be worst then Daggerdales release and waiting for a fix on the PC.

So Hmmm... Which one is the paper weight now?
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Frywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorScope View Post
Hunted:

Started for me played all the way through coop from day one, no bugs. Nice solid game, for me. (I do sympathize with those that didn't have this luck)

LOTR:
Played until we hit the out of synch coop save bug. Been waiting since, the patch was just released on the PS3 today, early reports aren't good. The Steam patch maybe by Friday. But again people are still having save issues. Now recommended to start all over, but again not looking overly optomisitic with early returns. If they don't have this fixed, it will be worst then Daggerdales release and waiting for a fix on the PC.

So Hmmm... Which one is the paper weight now?
You just said so yourself. You played LotR. Even if it's buggy, you played it. You actually got in game and did something. Hunted doesnt even get past the splash screen for me.
Frywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
Silphatos

I can play Hunted just fine in SP and online. It has something to do with your system.
Silphatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
HorrorScope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frywalker View Post
You just said so yourself. You played LotR. Even if it's buggy, you played it. You actually got in game and did something. Hunted doesnt even get past the splash screen for me.
I agree it sucks. But it's not so great playing about 6 hours and then losing everything. Not much better.
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
theblackfrog

playstation 2? u mean the new war of the north on ps 3? i wanna dig that on xbxo too coz i heard/read its better coop game than hunted....especially on pc nobody is playing it online(hunted) :P
theblackfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
Silphatos

No, I actually meant PlayStation 2.
Silphatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #10
halororor

If I might ask, why do you call it a PS2 game? I played it and there's nothing remotely PS2-ish about it, unless you're playing on the lowest graphic settings.
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
MightyPoo64

Yeah I just finished War in the North today and was thinking the same thing This is a better game for sure despite the lower metascore. A friend and myself have owned Hunted since release and have never had any trouble launching the game, so it's clearly not a problem for everyone despite what some sad individuals might try to lead you to believe.
MightyPoo64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hunted: The Demonís Forge