Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heroes of Might and Magic VI

Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Rokanon

Enemy AI Snaking

Hi, I think that's what it's called when enemy heroes try to sneak around whatever you're focusing on and attack your undefended structures and towns. I can think of a couple options here:

1. sacrifice numbers in my main hero army to sufficiently garrison each of my towns, or

2. reload autosaves from a turn back and just use advanced town portal to return to defend whatever's being snaked.

Are there any options better than this? There probably are. I don't claim to be very good at this game -- the last Heroes game I played was seriously 15 years ago.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
robthebob11

I always town portal back to a city about to be sieged. Just doesn't seem like there's ever enough unit growth to sufficiently have a huge main army and a sizable defending force in each city.
robthebob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Rokanon

Good observation. Suppose that means that the most dangerous time in the game is when you don't have a full town portal network up and running. Maybe that's going to be priority number one for me, from now on.
Rokanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Marty A

I generally keep my whole army with the main hero and use one secondary hero as a resupplier. Town portals are a major priority as soon as I can set them up. It becomes difficult on later maps when enemies are coming in from multiple areas, but as long as I can take a fort in my forward push, I can "save" my forward progress and pop back to defend without losing too much. If I push deep into enemy turf and haven't taken a fort or town, and the have to pop back to defend, then I lose significant time. So if I see that happening, then I try to come up with a better strategy for that map. Generally if you sweep toward your strongest and most active enemies first, it's not a problem. It's just tough to always know which enemy that is.
Marty A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #5
Penitent Exile

Smarter AI is certainly good. Means you have to defend you structures, if you can't portal back.
Penitent Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
Strandly

The only reliable strategy is to get the movement of your main army as high as possible and then play whack-a-mole when enemies wander into striking distance. Portals can help you trap enemy armies sometimes but it's still a pretty weak AI.
Strandly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heroes of Might and Magic VI